iii.

change;

As soon as we got into the castle, I relaxed. It was nice to be home again. I sat down at the Hufflepuff table with Ernie to my right and Susan across from me.

Dumbledore started his usual speech but I wasn't listening to a word he was saying. I was too busy worrying about who was drilling holes in the back of my head. I turned around to look at the Slytherin table and noticed that Malfoy, Goyle, and Nott were staring at the back of my head. Malfoy and Goyle's stares were filled with hate, but Nott's wasn't. It was filled with, what looked like, admiration? I had no idea but I didn't think anything of it.

Ernie nudged me and nodded towards the table, which had filled with food, and I noticed I had been staring at Nott for a while.

The thing is, I've fancied him since the start of second year after he had helped me pick up my books that Malfoy had knocked over. I've never even spoken to him, but I was definitely intrigued. He was always with Malfoy and his goons but never said a word to anyone about their blood status or appearance. I knew he was as smart as, or smarter, than Hermione, but didn't like to show it off; he knew what he was capable of. He stayed quiet, always. I didn't even know the sound of his voice. I couldn't help but think of what was going on inside his head at the moment.

"Hey, you alright?" Justin asked me.

"Yeah, just tired" I lied

"Alright" He said, but seemed like he didn't believe me.

Dinner was soon over and I practically ran to my dorm. I changed into pajamas and laid down on my fourposter bed wondering what this year had to offer.

. * . * . * .

The first two weeks of term flew but by the end of week two we had mountains of homework. It was exhausting. I was currently in the library, wondering how to start my History of Magic essay that I was positive I was going to fail.

"Its 1432 not 1342"

I looked up to see Justin standing over me. I smiled and gestured for him to sit down. He sat down and helped me with my essay for a while. The time was creeping closer to curfew so we packed up and left. We were heading back to the common room when we heard Filtch's cat. We looked at each other and ran.

We stumbled in the common room and doubled over in laughter at the fact that we almost just got caught.

Once we caught our breath he looked at me and said "You know, you owe me"

"For what?!"

"Well I helped you with History of Magic, its only fair you help me with Herbology"

"To be fair, I didn't ask-"

"Tomorrow. Greenhouse two. Three o'clock." With that he ran up to his dorm before I could protest. I sighed but couldn't contain smile.

As soon as I walked into my dorm Leanne, Hannah, and Susan were all looking at me like I had grown two heads.

"What did I do now?"

"You were out after curfew." Leanne stated as a statement rather than a question.

"I- I'm well aware?" Confused on what's going on.

"With a certain.. someone" Susan said as she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I tried to stop my blush but it didn't work. "Yeah we were in the library." They raised their eyebrows. "No! No, not like that. He was helping me study." I added quickly.

Hannah hummed in response. "If you say so."

Leanne whispered something to Susan and they giggled.

"What's going on?" I asked getting annoyed.

"He's been looking at you differently lately" Was all Susan said before the three of them laid down to go to sleep.

"No he hasn't.." I muttered mostly to myself. I couldn't stop myself from thinking that they were right. He looks at me now in almost a new light. With the conversation still playing in my head, I slowly fell asleep.