x.

venom;

It was hard fighting with Ernie. If I thought fighting with Susan was hard, I wasn't ready to argue with him. Unlike Susan, he never gave the silent treatment; at every chance he got he would make some little comment to ruin your entire mood.

I laid in bed for a good two hours, mulling over what Ernie said.

You were with each other.

It was the truth, but it wasn't intentional. It wasn't like we snuck out together. We just happened to bump into each other on the Astronomy Tower. Plus, nothing even happened.

Not entirely.

I did somehow end up sleeping on him. I knew that as a fact. But that wasn't intentional either. There wasn't any feelings for him. 

I hope there isn't.

No. There isn't.

I eventually willed myself to get out of bed and put some new clothes on.

I headed down to breakfast, my mood already put out, and immediately started looking for Ron (who wasn't hard to find considering his hair). Walking up to him, I sat down next to him, and he visibly scooted away from me as if I was about to rip his head off.

I looked at him incredulously. "I don't bite, you know."

He didn't look any less scared.

"Look, I wanted to apologize for yesterday, I shouldn't've done it. But you have to understand, I would be in the hospital wing if I didn't."

"I get it. They can be a bit intense sometimes right?" He said laughing.

"A little." I smiled.

Ernie walked through the doors almost exactly after I said it. He locked eyes with me, scoffed and sat down next to Zach to start a conversation.

"Hey listen, Ernie's mad at me right now, and I should probably sort it out."

"Alright." I smiled and walked to the Hufflepuff table, sitting directly across from him. I opened my mouth to talk but was interrupted when Justin sat next to me.

I'm gonna kill him.

Ernie scoffed and continued talking to Zach.

Justin leaned over and whispered, "Don't even try. It'll just make things worse." He looked back at Ernie before he continued, with his voice quieter then it already was. "If we piss him off enough, he'll crack." I nodded.

I hated to say it but Justin had known Ernie for three years, yet somehow knew him better then me, who had known him for almost thirteen.

"The house elves, they're actually nice. Could make you anything you wanted. Even when you can't find your twin sister, they manage to cheer you up." Ernie suddenly said to me, his voice laced with disgust.

He got up and walked out. "What was that all about?" Zach asked, clearly confused as to what was going on.

"It's none of your business." Justin snapped back.

"Y- you know, I think I should, erm, head to detention. Now."

I soon walked out the same way Ernie did, as I slumped my way to Professor Sprout's office, to find the twins already there.

"Great." I mumbled, and sat down next to them.

"You're going to be gathering some Tentacula leaves for me this week." She gestured towards a row of plants that didn't look very welcoming.