Chapter Five

Chapter Five

On the secret military base in Los Angeles County, Paladin lays in his bunk and contacts his twin, who is a super detective and tracker. Trained personally by her father. "Any leads on Stevia Ang?" Paladin asks JYoti via his personal link.

"No... No the trail for her is cold. I'm thinking she is either dead already or tucked away somewhere on Sarang's mother ship. The good news is something that I think you and Dad aren't going to be happy with.”

"What's that? Do tell," Paladin inquired.

"I have an in into Sarang's organization I'm going undercover to find her." Paladin quickly raised up in his bunk and bumped his head on the bunk above him.

"Shit! I bumped my head. JYoti, I don't want you doing this. And I know that Dad wouldn't want you doing this. This is extremely dangerous. I don't want you doing this JY and that's an order! You have never gone undercover before.”

"Paladin I'm close and I have to do this. I'm not going to debate the issue with you. I have to go. You know this is what we do, brother. I'm trained, I'm not IGLEA, but I'm a full fledged Mauyun Warrior and I can handle Sarang. Now listen, I know the war is going on. I'm meeting a guy named Dalbec in San Francisco today. Can you arrange transport for me?”

"Where are you? Paladin got out of his bunk and paced the floor. “Girl, you never cease to amaze me. Okay, I'll tell Dad, but he's gonna be pissed and it will be my fault."

"Look, I'm in Fairborn, Ohio. I found Sarang's mole in the White House. He works for me now. He's under duress. Sarang has his family. I'll get them back if I can.

"How do you know that he won't turn on you and set you up to take the fall?”

“He met the non-human part of me. It put the fear of The Lisimba in him." They both laughed.

"Humans truly fear what they don't know or understand.” Standing outside in downtowm Fairborn, JYoti looked around and saw what looked to be a filthy ragged man and woman walking down the street. They walked as though they were drunk. She dismissed it as such and focused on the conversation.

"I actually turned him in to the Secret Service and he agreed to cooperate. I convinced the Secret Service to let me go under based on the information Dalbec's informant gave us. Don't worry the informant is on a tight leash."

"What's the informant's name?"

"Major Lance Wilson. He's on the president's joint chiefs. I over heard his conversation on his personal communicator. He was very surprised to see me. Being deputized by IGLEA, I arrested him on the spot. The thing is we actually have no jurisdiction here. I just kind of bluffed it. Anyway he's being held by Secret Service for questioning."

"Good job JY, good job. Be careful and take the capsule so we can telepathically communicate. I put a packet in your belt. You should have all your equipment. Do you have your gun?

"It's dimension compressed, along with some other little goodies in case I need them. Just then JYoti heard a loud shreeking scream and turned to see the two ragged people rip a man's head off. And the two began to feed on him. What the...Paladin I have to go! The Dead...they're here! I gotta go!" JYoti disconnected the call. Just then a knock on Paladin's door. It was Marcus.

"Son, the Dead Walkers are everywhere. They are killing everyone. I think that you need to Mau up and see if you can capture one. We need to see what we are dealing with. Be careful and be non-obtrusive. The people won't be able to handle zombies and a cat man running around. Have you heard from your sister?"