Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

San Francisco

Mau and Bast cloaked in the Cat Tail, which was a red two seat pod with an extra long stabilizer. It resembled a futuristic helicopter without the blades. This vehicle always piggy backed the Fat Cat.

They followed the electrical charge that was known as the pulse guidance system. This lead them to the POW Compound in the rural wine country of San Francisco.

"All of the cars are here. said Bast. How many are inside AiDiB? AiDiB made a four dimensional scan of the building.

 "I scanned three hundred carbon based heat signatures."

"Well I'm going to land out in the open. Here we go! said Mau. Mau deactivated the cloaking device on the Cat Tail and landed at their front door. Now we wait."

From every direction the Cat Tail was surrounded by armed members of the pack. "JY, stay in the vehicle. I got this. Mau opened his door and stepped out of the Cat Tail.

His hands were raised. Hello, we mean you no harm and we come in peace. We're seeking your help actually. We're looking for a young woman by the name of Stevia Ang. We followed her here. We know that she's here. We want to bring her home. Her family is looking for her." Duce approached him with a pistol pointed at his head. "Just who in the hell are you and what kind of fucking get up are you wearing? I want to see your fucking face." Then JYoti stepped out of the vehicle. Half the guns pointed at her.

Mau looked over at Bast,"I thought I told you to stay in the pod." Bast just looked at him and smiled.

"Well...you know me."

"We will talk about you not following orders later" said Mau.

"Yes, sir!" Bast replied.

"Hey, cat man, I asked you a fucking question! Who are you and this other cat bitch?” Bast’s eyes narrowed. “Halloween is a couple of months out."

Bast didn't like Duce already. "My name is Black Mau and this is my partner Bast. As I said before, we're looking for Stevia Ang. We want to bring her home."

Duce lowered his weapon and stepped closer to Mau. Duce looked up at Mau and Mau's face plate on his mask then opened  to reveal his mouth and the lower half of his face. "We don't have anyone named Stevia Ang here. I suggest that you get back in your flying machine and leave. You are in the wrong place."

Then Dalziel appeared at the door. She took good visual measure of the Black Mau and Bast. "It was you two that were following us the other day, when we left the warehouse. Why were you following us?"

"We were following you specifically not the rest of the pack." Dalziel looked at Mau. Bast came around to face Dalziel.

"Stevia, we are here to take you home to your family. They've been worried about you. You've been missing for four years. You were kidnapped by Kiragu Sarang." said Bast. Dalziel smiled and said "So I've heard. She stabbed and shot me. I can't go with you right now. I'm on a mission. As you can see we're at war. We've been working with the military to fight the V heads. I'm trying to find my way to Sarang. I want to kill her." Bast smiled at Dalziel.

"I can relate! said Bast. But the thing is we can't kill her because we have to make an arrest her and her generals and bring them into custody."

"We are from The Federated Planetary Alliance. You are from our sector. A planet called Ajna." Duce looked at Mau and Bast.

"You mean to tell me you're fuck'n E.T.'s? You're shitt'n me. I don't believe you!"

"We are working with the Allies in this war effort. And my team is here specifically to find you and help with the Sarang issue." said Mau.