Chapter Six

Chapter Six

“Drone five to Shahondradon…Acknowledged… We are picking up seismic activity throughout the planet. It didn’t seem to register on Earth’s seismograph equipment that measures such things. There are two points of interest, one in New York and the same vibration in the Grand Canyon area. I’m going to initiate an 3-D X-ray scan and see what’s going on here.  Stand by please…

 “Shahondradon, this is Drone five…Acknowledged…We have a problem…Go ahead Drone five what is it?…Spliftan troops are already on Earth. They are underground…Drone five are you sure?…Affirmative! I’m sending visual to all the ship’s monitors.”

“Shahondradon to all Drones…Stand by for further instructions.”

                                                                     * * * *

Shannon Wynn-Cannon's home

As Shannon pulls the drain plug and the water starts to drain, she hears a noise that seems to be coming from down stairs. Her heart begins to thump hard in her chest. She reaches for her robe and puts it on and moves quietly through the upper level of her home. Slowly she moves down the stairs… “Who's there?” Her cat Tango jumps from behind the couch after a moth that was flying across the room. She sighed in relief….."Oh it's just you, you stupid cat!" she said as a gloved hand suddenly clasped across her mouth and she was grabbed from behind and lifted off her feet.

Her scream was muffled, and the man's raspy voice whispered in her ear,

"Shhhh, shhhh...be quiet now.” Shannon caught a whiff of his stale breath of coffee and cigarettes. Her stomach turned. “Yeah, baby, I've been watching you for a long time. I love watching your gorgeous ass on the news! You're the best look'n woman on TV. You are always alone and you know you need a dick! I'm gonna give it to you! I'm gonna ride you good."

 A calm voice, like a quiet tsunami coming from behind them saying, "I don't think so, asshole!”

The man holding Shannon turns quickly towards the voice, startled and Mau punches him with a blinding right hand. You could hear the bones shatter in his face. He falls to the floor. Are you alright? Mau asked Shannon. Shannon, was taken aback by the sight of the Black Mau. This towering being in his black tevlarainium suit, yellow eyes glowing, tiger striped dread locks flowing like a mane of tiger tails, with the face of an alien black lion. He looked other worldly. Don't be afraid! I could never hurt you," said Mau.

"I'm a bit shaken, but how did he…"Black Mau interrupted...

"I was tailing him, Mau lied. He was actually watching her. She will lead him to Kiragu Sarang. Shannon Wynn-Cannon was to interview Von Strader and an undisclosed location later that day. I have the other one locked down outside on your patio. He's out cold like this one."

"There are two of them?"

"Yes, they were here to rob and rape you it seems. Call the police." Mau then drags the other man in and sets them both on the floor tied. He checks them both for identification.  No ID"

 "Who are you?" Shannon asks nervously.

"Tonight I'm your guardian."

"What's your name?"

"I am the Black Mau. You can call me Mau. I'll be watching." Shannon walks over to check her door and checks the locks and her alarm system. She turns to face Mau "Where... and he was gone...did you come from? The two criminals are laid out on her floor tied up and out cold. Shannon immediately calls the police.