Chapter Six

It took me three days before I could even look at Mor  and I spent the entire time with Cassian, I'm not sure why he's taken it upon himself to make sure I'm okay but I need a friend at the moment and Cass seems to be the only one who cares enough to spend all day with me. Azriel went back to finding out more about what's going on with the seasonal courts almost immediately after I stormed out of the house, I don't think he wanted to hang around to see if his family would fall apart or not. Cassian sent Nesta up to the Illyrian war camps to get them in order and as far as I can tell Mor and Amren have spent their time drinking away their sorrows at Rita's. So much as for deciding to be productive again.

Maja has come round every day to check on everyone who actually stays in the house and to make sure nothing is wrong with the baby. Mor came marching into the house four days after everything, pulled me up off the sofa and engulfed me in a massive hug, she was shaking and I could feel her tears seeping through my clothes, I started rubbing her back as she said over and over again how sorry she was and that she was an idiot which of course made me cry but we're good. I think.

I went to find Zinna, Cass and Mor trailing along after me and we all painted together. Mor and Cass took it upon themselves to fill an entire canvas up with stick figures, all looking vaguely like them. Seeing them laugh and smile and just having a good time cheered me up as well and I painted Nesta, Elain and I. I think I'll give it to Nesta as a thank you, I'm not sure what I'm thanking her for but she seems to be the only one of us who doesn't break down crying every few hours.

It's getting better. Well I think it is, it's hard to tell. We've all grown closer together, we've gotten to know each other better and even if he doesn't have a father my son will have a family who will love him with their entire being. I try not to think about what I will say to him when he eventually asks who his father was, what happened to him. I try not to imagine how much he will hate me when he realises that he is the sole heir to the strongest court in Prythian and that none of his family have the slightest idea of how to run it.

Thank you for all the name suggestions, they are all incredible and I'm definitely thinking hard about them.
I think there's going to be quite a bit of drama soon and hopefully the plot will start to build up and I have a feeling Zinna will probably become more important.

I can't wait to find out what happens next, as always if any of you have any ideas for the plot or anything please just say.
Thank you for all your support Xx