Whisper whisper

"He wants a what."

"A lawyer!" Tony threw his hands into the air, "What am I supposed to do with that."

"You could always just still threaten him." Rodey pointed out dead pan and Tony wasn't sure if he wasn't joking or not. 

"We'll just wait till Fury shows up, it was our job to catch him and we can just let Fury deal with him." Tony reasoned but Rodey's facial expression didn't change in the slightest. "Fine, fine, i'll go back in."

He stormed over to the door, taking a deep breath before entering again. He could do this, do what? Huh? He stared at the door for half a second before blinking a few times and entering. Percy looked over at him and Tony cleared his throat.

"We're getting you a lawyer, but first, I have some questions." 

"No questions until my lawyer shows up." Percy stared back at him and Tony wondered how serious he was. "What's his name." Percy asked after a prolonged silence. 

"Uhhh," 'Ethan Willards' Rodey suggested. "Ethan Willards."

"Oh, you're actually getting one." Percy muttered under his breath. "Nice! Can I like... be unchained. It's innocent until proven guilty."

"Do you really think I care about laws right now?" Tony growled under his breath. 

"Well, you're getting me a lawyer?" Percy pointed out.

How was this going to go, did he admit they didn't have a lawyer yet? Did he just threaten to kill the kid? This kid had powers, they weren't even sure what the powers were entirely. Just that he'd teleported, and made a sword spring from no where and seemed to be generally super human. He'd start there.

"How'd you get your powers."

"Lawyer." 

"Look kid,"

"Not a kid," Percy corrected and Tony again debated on suing the kid. Kid, kid! His mom, his mom was alive. He could threaten his mom-Nah that'd be sleezy. But having information about her would be nice.

"What about your dad, I know your mom, Sally, has a nice gig running for her."

"And my dad is a teacher," Percy countered "and I'm not answering questions until my lawyer shows up." 

"Your stepdad is a teacher, but your other step dad. The one you had before that one. What happened to him?"

That struck a nerve, he could tell by Percy's scowl. "He's gone, and I don't care." There was a glint, and suddenly Tony was questioning if any of Percy's crimes involved murder. 'He shot one of his kidnappers.' But did the kidnapper die? 

"Did you have anything to do with that?"

"Lawyer." 

Percy wouldn't answer some questions, but his face was pretty expressive and that could tell a lot. Unless he was faking his expressions, but maybe some more low key questions would relax him.

"Gotta pretty smart girlfriend, is she planning on going to college?" 

Apparently that wasn't low key. Percy bristled and shut off a bit, "None of your business."

'How about you try again later?' Rodey suggested. But another voice whispered through his bones instead of his ears, chilling him down his spine. "Ask about the storm." 

"Crazy storm we had coming over here, practically had to dodge the lighting." Tony joked.

"Yeah, flying was a dumb decision." Percy muttered under his breath. Dumb? A dumb decision? "Say 'we won't try that again.'  The whisper came again.

"We won't try that again," Tony laughed dryly and wondered where the voice came from. Was someone else on the line with Rodey?

Percy eyed him, for a good long while and the voice came again. "Mention the pen in his pocket." Pen? What pen? 

"Where'd you get your pen?" Tony inquired. "Ask how it turned into a sword." "How'd it Turn into a sword." 

"Tony, what are you talking about?" Rodey asked through the headset but Percy was interested now and this strange voice seemed to be helping, as cold as it was.

"You saw it?" There was a certain drawing closer to the boy, Tony took a few steps forwards and felt himself nod. "A clear sight... that doesn't make sense!" Percy muttered. 

"Clear sight?" Tony asked, but it wasn't his voice any longer. It was, it he didn't decide to say that. He hadn't taken the step forwards. But now there was something that wasn't letting him control his mouth or his arms or his legs. "What do you mean...kid." 

It was using his phraseology. And it wasn't him anymore.

————————————————

A clear sight, that was ridiculous! Percy thought. If Tony Stark was a clear sight there's would have been tons of other stories about him trying to fight monsters or he'd be in an insane asylum. It didn't make sense. 

"What do you mean...kid?"

"Not a kid." Percy resolved. "Lawyer." This was too much for his brain, he was exhausted. He almost closed his eyes, but then he saw a certain Stoll Twin in the corner. Why. There wasn't even a quest yet, or was there? Why did the fates hate him so much? Why was it cold? 

'Percy,' Grover. Tony turned and left the room and Travis did a serious of Ninja rolls closer.

'Sup' was Percy's only reply.