Myself

A little reminder that you can wear whatever you want. Clothes are not feminine/masculine. Life's short. Wear whatever the fuck you want.
.
.

Chapter 22 : Myself

Annika's POV

Did you meet my mom?
It's Noah btw.

That was when I realized Noah was Mrs Evans' son and also the guy who sent attackers after Ryan.
.

I was more than confused. I replied to Noah in affirmative. Was Noah involved too? I started to think he was a nice guy.

As I tried to figure out Ryan's family condition, I realized I didn't know what they exactly do. They were in business, maybe. Or was it just property Mrs Evans wanted to take over? All I knew was that Ryan's rich.

It was not easy to like a rich guy. Not when you're guilty that he's rich and you're poor. I pushed aside those thoughts as I prepared dinner.

I made fried rice with some veggies when G knocked on the door. She gave a me a hug and headed to her room.

Meanwhile, I dailed Kaira to know when she was gonna arrive. She didn't pick up but texted me informing she'll be back within an hour.

As I arranged the table, G turned on the TV.

"Vampire Diaries?" I gave a nod without thinking through.

"No, hang on. Peaky Blinders?" I started it and have watched only 1 season.

I looked at her. G and Kaira weren't into British Classic.

"Nah, drop it. Vampire Diaries." Not like I was going to watch.

"When will K be here?" G said jumping onto the couch.

"Soon, I guess." We waited for her and she arrived soon.
.

"Morning!" G squealed as I went to the living room with my stomach making sounds.

"Morning. G, I have like 30 minutes. Please tell me breakfast's ready." She nodded, grinning.

Avocado Toast. Never tasted this before.

"This is bomb." I commented while stuffing it inside my mouth. I was starving.

"It's healthy." G and I scoffed at Kaira.

"It's food, for Christ sake." G left the room with that.

"You look good today." Kaira said checking me out.

"Don't I always." She choked while laughing. After few minutes of silence, she spoke again.

"Anything from Ryan?" She asked looking down.

"Nope." I replied.

I headed out soon and walked to the bus stop. I was hoping to receive a text from Ryan. That was the least he could do after that night. This irritated me.

Maybe he wanted to give you some space.

A simple text like "how you doing?" Or "take rest" wouldn't have hurt.

The bus soon arrived and within minutes I was at the college.

Time does pass quickly when you think a lot.

I needed to sort out things with Ryan. I had to. Do I sound desperate?

I made a beeline to my first class. No one really noticed my absence yesterday. Not like I was expecting.

Then, Noah walked in. He didn't reply after I confirmed that his mom came to meet me. He smiled towards me. I smiled back. I had no reason to hate Noah.