12| Shaky Ground

JAX

JAX

     It took everything within me not to run back upstairs and make things right between Caressa and me, but I had to take care of this with Blade. I needed some answers, and I needed them now. MC always came first, even Melody understood that. Sebastian coming back was no longer a rumor and it was only a matter of time before he started trouble.

     I needed my number two with me, plus not to mention, I wanted him to stay as far away as possible from Caressa. I ran into Brutal on my way, Genice was nowhere to be found, "Hey. I need you to make sure Caressa gets home safely," I demand.

     With a faint frown, he hesitated for a second, "You got it, Prez."

     I didn't understand the tension between Brutal and Caressa, but they both needed to get the fuck over it. Brutal was in my small circle of people I could trust and I didn't plan on Caressa going anywhere, especially now that I know Sebastian is her ex-boyfriend.

     "Brutal, I mean it. I want you to watch her, like a hawk, or I'll be hunting your ass down," I say as I tense my face.

     He throws his hands up in surrender, "I promise."

     I walk off and nod towards Pretty Boy at the bar, telling him I'm ready to ride. He kisses Coni goodbye and heads out with me. That was the one thing I could always count Coni for, not questioning Pretty Boy when he has to leave at a moment's notice. She knew the deal, don't ask any questions and we won't tell any lies.

     As we turned our bikes on, I look at Pretty Boy, "Glad to see Coni's been keeping you in check," I tease.

     "Oh please. I know she's not going anywhere and I don't plan on changing, so that's something she'll just have to deal with," he chuckles, "You think Blade has our shit?"

      "He fucking better if he knows what's good for him. Plus I have other questions to ask him," I mutter the last part, mainly to myself.

     We ride on the 215 straight into Green Valley; when we reach the property, we rev our engines, letting Blade know we were here. As expected, the automatic fence rolls back, letting us in.

     We park out in the open, seeing Blade come out of the trailer with his arms wide open, "Ah Viper, it's a glorious day when we're able to retrieve what rightfully belongs to us."

     "Cut the fucking bullshit. Where's my guns?" I fold my arms across my chest.

     "In the trailer, we should have a drink," he says a little too familiar.

     "No. We need to talk."

     He drops his smile, "What about?"

     "Los Diablos," I simply state.

     He hisses through his teeth, "Fuck."

     "Yeah. 'Fuck' indeed," I look at him skeptically, "Did you know?"