Chapter 16 - Unexpected Plan

MINGHAO's P.O.V

"We'll miss you Minghao~"

Seokmin and Soonyoung sent me flying kisses as I packed my stuff. Seeing them do that made me want to punch them in the face :)) but I tried my best not to.

"Yah hajima jinjja."

Irritated, I shot them a scowl before finally leaving class. I was excused for the whole day because of urgent family business. Again. It made me feel weird because my parents would usually leave me a text before I skip my classes. I slipped my hand into my pocket, grabbed my phone and checked if there were any messages sent but there weren't. I heaved a sigh before hurrying down the stairs.

When I reached the school grounds, I saw a familiar figure heading towards the school gate. I quickened my pace towards the person to get a better view of her. When I realized who it was, I instantly smiled. Clutching onto the strap of my bag, I approached her.

"Hey Jieqiong." She lifted her head up to face me as soon as I greeted her.

"Oh annyeong Minghao." She flashed me a bright smile.

'God, that smile...'

Putting up my usual expression, I tried to hide my grin from her.

"So your parents needed you this time too?"

"I guess so."

She shrugged before struggling to neatly place her bag over her shoulders. Her bag seemed kind of heavy when I looked at it. Without her consent, I took her bag from her and carried it for her instead. Looking at her expression, she was stunned by my abrupt action.

"Let's go." I walked ahead of her, carrying her bag.

"Thanks." Jieqiong sheepishly smiled as she walked beside me, placing her hands behind her.

As soon as we reached the school gate, Jieqiong's personal driver, Mr. Han, waited by the road. When we stopped just right infront of the black sedan car, her driver opened the door for her.

"I'll leave first." She smiled before taking her bag from me.

"Actually Ms. Zhou, he will have to come with us." I faced Mr. Han, shooting him a questioning look.

"Mr. Xu, your parents have informed me that I shall also escort you too to the resto."

Both Jieqiong and I were surprised with what Mr. Han said. I suppose we were having a formal gathering again between our families.

"But before that, the two of you will have to change into presentable attires." Mr. Han motioned for us to get inside the car.

"Yeyy we're going shopping!"

Jieqiong excitedly hopped inside the car. I heaved a sigh before I entered the car with her. Mr. Han closed the door for me before he went to the driver's seat.

'Shopping...great.'

******

"Wah this looks pretty!"

Jieqiong exclaimed as she kept on rummaging through the dresses on the clothes rack. I could see the spark in her eyes the moment we entered the boutique. One thing I hate about shopping with her is that she takes a lot of time to choose which outfit she would buy.

"Yes Jie, everything looks pretty. Can you just pick one already? We've been here for hours!"

Annoyed, I pinched the bridge of my nose, calming myself down.