Chapter 14 - Hidden Feelings

JIEQIONG's P.O.V

"Zhou Jieqiong you keep on making mistakes!"

Embarrassed, I held my head down. Our mentor's voice boomed through the whole studio as he scolded me. Everyone looked at me in irritation as I kept on messing up the routine.

"From the top!"

All of them heaved a sigh before we went back to our first formation, starting over again. I was not in the mood today. I felt bad for picking a fight with Hyebin earlier. We didn't even talk to each other during afternoon classes.

"Get your head straight Jie."

Minghao who was standing beside me looked at me with disappointment spread on his face. Seeing his frustrated gaze made me embarrassed even more. Usually, I'd feel butterflies flutter inside my stomach whenever I get to be with him during practice. But this time, I wasn't.

After minutes of practice, our mentor told us to take a short break before having the last 2 rounds of our practice. I went towards my bag and sat on the floor, pulling my knees up to my chest as I hugged it. I frowned as I kept on thinking about Hyebin.

Suddenly, a hand stretched out to me, giving me a water bottle. My eyes slowly trailed to the person's face. A concerned expression spread his face.

"Drink up."

For a while, I hesitated before accepting the bottle he gave me. Minghao sat down beside me, keeping me company.

"You feeling okay?"

"Not really." I flashed him a bitter smile.

"I'm worried about Hyebin...What if she's crying right now? What if she's trying to do something stupid again?"

Because of thinking too much negative thoughts, I began to panic.

"Jieqiong calm--"

"I can't just sit here and do nothing!"

"Jie--"

"I have to find her and talk to her. Yeah that'll do."

I was about to stand up when Minghao grabbed my arms to sit back down again.

"Calm down okay? We still have practice. You can't leave yet."

"I can't just calm down!" I said as I tried to stand up again but Minghao pulled me back.

"Jieqiong look at me!"

He raised his voice to get my attention. Gently, he held my arms and made me face him. I stopped ranting and stared straight into his eyes.

"Calm down."

His eyes pierced through mine as he said those words. Minghao's expression right now looked different than his usual one. He stared at me with concern in his eyes. Slowly, I began to calm down, heaving a relaxed sigh.

"She'll be fine. Give her some time." He said in a soft tone.

"I guess you're right..."

I let out a small smile and he grinned back in return. Our faces were only inches away.

'God he's so close'

"Now chin up."

Grinning sweetly at me, he lightly nudged my chin up. His dreamy smile was my favorite.

"I missed the chatty Jieqiong." 

I felt my face heat up at his remark, heart rapidly palpitating. He stood up from his spot before he made his way towards his friends, leaving me speechless.