Chapter 12 - Ditched Date

HYEBIN's P.O.V

"I swear Soonyoung if you ditch me, I'm gonna kill you."

In one of the chairs & tables near the entrance of the cinema, I waited as I kept on glancing at my watch. It's been 30 minutes since I've arrived here yet not a single soul has showed up. And I hate waiting. Sipping on the iced chocolate I bought earlier, I rested my head on my palms, too bored.

"Hyebin-ah!"

I shifted my head to where the voice came from. Soonyoung waved his hands and came running towards me. He was wearing black ripped jeans, black & white striped shirt with a black jacket pulled up to his elbows. I can't deny it, he has a good sense of fashion.

"Yah Kwon Soonyoung, what took you so long?"

As I complained, he swiftly took a seat beside me, huffing. Beads of sweat trickled on the sides of his forehead, gradually he wiped them away.

"Mianhe traffic was bad."

He swiftly took my drink and sipped from it, quenching his thirst. My mouth gaped at him for stealing my drink but I refused to argue with him. He's going to win anyways. Instead, I shook my head and let him be.

"Where's Jieqiong?" I asked him.

"Oh..She'll call me."

He responded and I nodded in return. After a while, my phone rang. I took it out of my bag and glanced to read the caller's name.

'Chew~'

Promptly, I swiped the call button to answer the call. It's about time he called.

"Where the hell are you?"

"Hyebin-ah...about today..."

Hansol's voice sounded uneasy as he kept on pausing in between his sentence.

"What?" Confused, I asked him impatiently.

"I'mreallysorryican'tmakeittodayitotallyforgotwehadbasketballpractice!"

His words were distorted that I didn't understand a single word he said. He just suddenly started rapping like crazy I had trouble catching up with what he said to me.

"Yah! Talk properly! I don't understand a damn thing you just said!"

Annoyingly, I yelled at him through the phone, making Soonyoung startled beside me. I heard Hansol nervously sigh before he hesitantly speak again.

"I'm really sorry Hyebin-ah! I forgot that we have basketball practice today and if I skip for today, they're gonna kick me out of the team."

After listening to him, I rubbed my temples in disappointment. I can't blame him though. Hansol just got himself back in the team. I can't be the reason to get him kicked out again. I just can't believe he just ditched me.

"Okay...I understand." I heaved out a sigh.

"Next time, I promise I'll make it up to you."

"The only thing you can do to make it up to me is buy me food."

I chuckled and I could hear him laugh through the phone too.

"Arasseo, bye!!"

"Bye.." After bidding him goodbye, I ended the call right away.

"Is Hansol on his way?"

I turned my head to Soonyoung who just asked me. If I tell him Hansol's not coming, he might cancel his date with Jieqiong. But I don't wanna lie to him either.