Sanctuary

We grab our jackets, mine still being Ze's, and leave the warmth of Ze's house and head out into the big open world. The cold breeze attacks me through my clothes and causes my body to shiver. Ze wraps an arm around me, immediately making my body warm up from his as well as my face does, turning red. 

Many memories come back from walking around this all too familiar town, yet so much has changed, it's like a whole new place. I look at the tall buildings that tower over us as we pass. I've never really liked big cities, I prefer rural areas. My current home is just one big and poor city, I hate it. At least here in Sacramento, it has quite a large area which is rural. Ze and I grew up in quite an urban area so we had to find a peaceful place, which we did, at the park.

As we keep walking, the amount of stone decreases and wood becomes more visible as we enter our childhood park. Smiles grow on our faces as we both think of all our memories here. Ze grabs my hand and runs over to the playground, dragging me along behind him. He lets go of my hand once we reach the swings, where he stands behind one of the seats, holding the chains. 

"Take a seat, m'lady!" He says, trying to sound posh.

I pretend to do a little bow, holding out an invisible dress. I sit down on the seat and Ze wraps his hands around mine on the chain as he starts rocking the swing back and forth lightly before pulling me back and letting go. The wind attacks my (h/l) (h/c) hair as it flies behind me. I swing backwards to meet Ze again as he pushes the seat forward again.

After a while, we decide to walk for a bit again. Ze points over to the large pond that's in the centre of the park. "Do you remember when we fell in there?" He asks.

"Yep, when we tried to catch your pet frog!" I laugh.

"Freddy was fabulous!" He says seriously before laughing along with me.

I point over to a large oak tree. "Remember when you got stuck in that tree?"

"Definitely! I was trying to get your bag that Hayden prick threw up there."

"Thank you again for doing that. Even if it was like10 years ago!"

"No problem, (y/n)." He smiles. "You remember when we found that gem under the rocks over there?" He says pointing over to one direction.

"Yep, and I still have it!" I chime, pulling my necklace out from my under shirt. The red gem shines in the light. 

"You've kept that this whole time? We were like 9 when we found it!"

"Of course, It means so much to me, I don't know what I'd do if I lost it!" I say, leaving the necklace to hang out from under my shirt. My (e/c) eyes wander around and land on a familiar gap in a hedge. I grab Ze's hand and pull him over to it. He soon recognizes it and runs along with me. 

I crouch down and crawl through the hole in the hedge, Ze following behind. Once I reach the other side, I stand up and brush myself of. Ze crawls out of the hole and I help him up, noticing a little blood on his arm. 

"You were scratched in there." I say, looking at the cut. "It doesn't seem to be serious though!" I pull a tissue out from my back pocket and wipe away the blood, planting a small kiss on the injured area.

"Thanks nurse (y/n)." He giggles.

We continue on, going down a now overgrown natural pathway. We reach a small arch like structure that's naturally formed by two trees. "We're here!" I chime as I climb through the arch land in our 'sanctuary'. 

I look around at the small circular space. We're surrounded by tall trees that are covered in carvings Ze and I have made in the past. A variety of flowers scatter the floor, all looking so beautiful and colourful. Over to my left was our rmake shift seat, being a fallen log, wrapped in old blankets.