Chapter 7- Stay

"Xingchen, do we need more wood for the fire?" Xue Yang asked as the two walked through the forest.
"Yes, we should probably get some for the next couple of days," Xingchen replied. He was grabbing onto Xue Yang's arm tightly and keeping close to the man, almost as if he was scared to let go.
    "What would you do, if Xue Yang came back and asked you to get back together?" Xue Yang asked.
     Xingchen stopped walking for a moment before continuing, "I don't know. I want to forgive him and be with him, but I don't think he feels the same way. I feel like I was just a toy to play with."
    "What if Song Lan came back as well? Who would you go with?" Xue Yang asked.
    "Xue Yang," Xingchen replied, he didn't even need to think, "because Song Lan wouldn't want to see me again. Xue Yang at least would."
     Xue Yang nodded, "I guess so."
    "What about you? You said you past lover gave you that necklace, you seem to have not moved on," Xingchen said.
     "I haven't, he was very dear to me," Xue Yang said, "he was the first person to show me kindness."
     Xingchen looked a bit downcast for a moment and Xue Yang felt something warm in his chest. "I understand."
    "But he probably hates me now, so I don't understand what the use of being in love is," Xue Yang said.
    "Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you can't help but being in love," Xingchen said. "We fall in love with the wrong people sometimes, but it's fine."
    "You, my friend, are a very wise man," Xue Yang complimented.
     "You flatter me," Xingchen smiled, "I am only speaking from experience."
     "You are still wise," Xue Yang said. They collected the wood and walked back, Xingchen also picked up a couple of things.
     Xue Yang was walking behind Xingchen when he heard footsteps. He turned around and saw Song Lan walking towards him with angry eyes. "Xingchen, you go ahead, I need to go look for something."
    "Okay," Xingchen said. He walked inside of Coffin Town and Xue Yang stayed outside to talk to Song Lan.
     "What do you want?" Xue Yang asked warily.
     "What are you doing with Xingchen?" Somg Lan asked.
     "Treating him how he should be treated, what else?" Xue Yang crossed his arms and looked at Song Lan cockily.
    "You are deceiving him!" Song Lan exclaimed, "What are your intentions?"
    "Nothing," Xue Yang drawled, "just have a better life with him you know. What about you? Are you here to apologize to him?"
     "Wha-what ate you talking about?" Song Lan stammered.
     "Didn't you tell him, that you will never cross paths again? After he gave you his eyes?!" Xue Yang laughed, "He despises you now!"
     "No...no! You're lying to me!" Song Lan raised his sword and attacked Xue Yang. He wasn't in his right mindset so Xue Yang took this as am advantage.
     "He told me how bitter you were!" Xue Yang said, dodging the blows, "Didn't you leave him just like that?"
      "Shut up!" Song Lan managed to cut Xue Yang's cheek briefly. Xue Yang nodded and clicked his tongue.
      "So that's how it's going to be," he murmured. He drew his own sword and began to fight back.
     The two men fought viciously, wanting to harm the other as badly as they could. Xue Yang heard Xingchen's voice coming from beside him and turned around, loosing his concentration.
    "A-Yang, what's taking you so long?" Xingchen asked. He heard a sword swish and drew his own, blocking the hit that was meant for Xue Yang.
    "Xingchen," Song Lan whispered in disbelief.
    "Zichen? Is that you?"
    "Yes," Song Lan took his sword back and walked close to the man, "I'm here."
    Xingchen took a step back and searched for Xue Yang who smiled and grabbed his arm, "Don't worry, I'm here too."
    "Good," Xingchen sighed, "Zichen, why were you attacking a-Yang?"
    "A-Yang?! You mean you know who he is?!" Song Lan yelled.
    "Please don't yell, and he introduced himself as a-Yang so that's what I call him," Xingchen said calmly.
    "Xingchen, he is Xue Yang!" Song Lan exclaimed.
    Xingchen's breath hitched at the name, "No, he's not. I would know if he was Xue Yang, his voice is different."
"YueHua, he's right," Xue Yang said in his regular voice, "I am Xue Yang."
"Wha-what?" Xingchen stuttered, "No, you can't be!"
"I am," Xue Yang swallowed back tears and smiled, "sorry I never told you before. I just hoped I could get another try at being with you as someone else."
"N-no, please tell me you're messing around," Xingchen begged, "please!"
"Xingchen, don't waste any more time on him," Song Lan said, "come with me."
"Go YueHua, I don't want you getting hurt anymore because of me," Xue Yang said softly. He put a hand on Xingchen's cheek and caressed it gently, then leaned in and pecked Xingchen's lips. He turned around and began walking away but was stopped by a pair of arms wapping around his neck from behind, his eyes widened.
"Please don't leave me," Xingchen whispered, "I still haven't moved on."
Xue Yang smiled, "I haven't either, but like you said. We fall in love with the wrong people sometimes."
"It doesn't have to be wrong," Xingchen started crying softly, "I love you! Alright? I love you so much that it hurts!"
Xue Yang turned around in the embrace and hugged him back tightly, "I do too, trust me there is nothing I want more than to be with you. But now is not the right time."
"Just one more day, please," Xingchen pleaded, "one more day and then we will part paths. That is all I ask."
Xue Yang sighed, he could never say no to him, "Fine, only one day and that is it. After that you, Song Lan, and the girl leave."
"Thank you."