Chapter 2- Escape

Xue Yang smirked at the man in white who was walking away with his lover, "Xiao YueHua!" He caught the attention of the man, "Don't forget me, we will meet again."
   Xingchen huffed and walked away from the man with no words. Xue Yang's smirk grew wider as he was taken away by the Nie disciples.
Xingchen was walking away from the group with Song Lan who asked, "What did Xue Yang call you back there?"
   He sighed, "He called me Xiao YueHua."
   "Why?"
    "That is my name, Xiao Xingchen is my courtesy name and everyone calls me that. So when he and I were together he was the only one to call me that," Xingchen said, "I hate when others call me that now. It reminds me of him."
    "Why do you hate him so much? I mean, I know he killed a lot of people, but this looks personal," Song Lan commented.
    "He went off with another girl when we were together," Xingchen muttered.
    "Oh," Song Lan nodded, "I understand now."
    "And it was the day after we...did that..." Xingchen whispered.
    "Wait so you did it with him?!"
    "Yes," Xingchen sighed, "he was my first. But I guess it wasn't right, because he just went off with someone else."
    "Everything happens for a reason," Song Lan said, it was one of his famous quotes.
     "I know," Xingchen said, "also, are you going to the Snow White Pavilion for your Grand Master's birthday?"
     "Yes, so I'm afraid I'm going to leave for a while," Song Lan said sadly.
     "It's fine, I can wait for a while," Xingchen said smiling, "we'll see each other after."
    "Let's meet up here," Song Lan said, "only two weeks. And if I don't arrive by then you go and look for me."
     "Alright," Xingchen said. Song Lan smiled and said his goodbyes before leaving Xingchen alone under the tree.
     Xingchen watched his lover leave and sighed, alone again. He couldn't help but think about Xue Yang, the man had changed. His hair grew longer and the style was different, he also looked older. Still young and stupid, but a bit older.

    Xue Yang was sitting in the cell of the Unclean Realm dungeon in silence. His hands and ankles were chained up and he was leaning against the wall, bored.
    He began playing with the chain and heard footsteps coming. He looked up and saw Meng Yao.
    "We have to leave," Meng Yao said quietly. He opened the cell and took the chains off of Xue Yang who smirked, "Come on."
    "Finally," Xue Yang said, he took his sword and walked to the door where he was met by the tip of a sword. He sighed tiredly and drew his own sword, he sliced the man's neck with a wide smile.
    Meng Yao walked away and led Xue Yang to the door, "Go, quickly."
    "Thanks," Xue Yang said before running off into the trees. He zigzagged in between the trees and made sure to not leave any trace of him being there.
He ran for what seemed to be an eternity and stopped near a river. He got a sudden idea and walked to a nearby town. He walked up to a nearby man, who looked like he belonged to the Jin Clan, "Excuse me, but do you know where the Snow White Pavilion is?"
"Yes," the man replied, "it's north from here, take a left after about two hours and you'll be there."
"Thank you," Xue Yang bowed and began walking north. His plan was to play a little with Song Lan, and kill everyone in the Snow White Pavilion.
He hated the fact that Xingchen found someone else new, he never went with another girl! The girl he was with was his childhood friend who happened to have a crush on him.
The girl kissed him out of the blue and Xingchen just ended up seeing them. Xue Yang tried to explain what had happened but the stupid girl lied.
He killed her of course, but that didn't stop Xingchen from leaving. Now he was alone again, no lover or anything.
The only thing he had left if Xingchen was a pendant and memories.
The pendant was red, it was beautiful and contained a lot of energy. He always wore it and never took it off, even once Xingchen left.
His eyes sometimes matched the color of the pendant, im the light to be exact. He had brown eyes that looked red when the light shone on them. Xingchen loved them.
Xingchen would always complain about how his eyes were boring while Xue Yang's were actually interesting. He loved staring into the man's eyes and giving him soft kisses on the cheek.
Xue Yang missed those moments. Those moments when he was happy. When he didn't want to get revenge on anyone, or kill anyone.
He wished Xingchen was there with him again. To comfort him and hug him, and pat his head softly before giving him a kiss and looking away shyly.
He sighed, "YueHua, when will you understand that it wasn't my fault?"
He continued walking and thought of the memories he had with the man. All the times they gave each other sweet kisses, and the times they did indecent things under the sheets.
When will he find love again? Who would love a killer in the first place? Certainly not Xingchen.
Or would he?