Chapter 12- Necklace

Xue Yang was looking around the small shop for a necklace. Xingchen and Song Lan had gone to get more food while he left to get the necklace for his lover.
He found one similar to his except it was black. He picked it up and smiled, then walked to the shopkeeper, "How much will this be?"
"Two pieces of silver," the man said. Xue Yang took out the pieces and gave them to the man.
He left the shop and put kept the necklace in his pocket. He looked around and saw Xingchen talking with Song Lan, with a smile on his face.
"YueHua!" He called out. The man turned around and smiled widely.
"Xue Yang! Come here!" Xue Yang ran over and put the necklace in Xingchen's hands, "What's this? It feels like a necklace but I'm not sure."
"It is," Xue Yang said, "I didn't want you missing me too much. Here, let me put it on." He turned Xingchen around and put the necklace on the man's neck, "There, now we both have one."
"What color is it?" Xingchen asked, touching the necklace with delicate hands.
"Black, if you don't want it I can take it back," Xue Yang said.
"No, I like it," Xingchen said, "it must be very pretty to meet your standards." He laughed softly and Xue Yang smiled.
"It's beautiful like you," Xue Yang said.
Xingchen's face grew hot, "You flatter me."
"It's the truth," Xue Yang smiled cheekily.
Xingchen shook his head with a smile, "Silly."
    Song Lan cleared his throat, "I'm here too."
   "Sorry Zichen, but since I'm leaving he wants to be sure we spend our time well," Xingchen said.
    "I understand but don't forget that you and I are still together," Song Lan said, then walked away leaving the couple alone.
    Xingchen sighed, "I'm sorry about him."
   "It's fine," Xue Yang said smiling, "I don't blame him." A piece of hair fell to his face and he blew it off, "My hair has been bothering me for a while."
    "Why don't you put it up?" Xingchen asked.
    "I was thinking about cutting it but that works too," Xue Yang took a string from his pocket and tied his hair up quickly.
    "Let me feel it," Xingchen ordered. Xue Yang grabbed his hand and led it to his head, where Xingchen felt the hair and smiled, "It's good."
   "I hope so," Xue Yang sighed, "now let's go. We can't leave your friend alone can we?"
    "Wait," Xingchen held his arm, "I want to go to a healer first."
    "Why-oh!" Xue Yang came to a realization, "Alright, let's go then." He led Xingchen to a healer's place and knocked on the door, which soon opened.
    "Yes?" The man asked.
    "My friend here has been feeling a bit sick the past couple of days," Xue Yang said, "do you think you could see what he has?"
   "Of course, come in," the doctor let them in and brought them to a room where he let Xingchen lay on the bed. "Now, what are his symptoms?"
    "Headache, throwing up, stomach aches," Xingchen said, they were all true except for the throwing up."
     "Alright," the doctor put a hand on Xingchen's stomach and gasped. He looked at Xue Yang then back at Xingchen, he repeated this until he asked, "Are you two....?"
    "Together?" Xue Yang asked, raising an eyebrow.
    "Yeah."
    "Yes, we are," Xingchen said smiling, "why?"
    "You are pregnant," the doctor said.
    "Wait really?" The couple asked.
    The man nodded, "Yes, congratulations. But there a few things you must know, first you cannot fight. By the looks of you, you are are cultivators, so no fighting. No dangerous activities in general, that could lead to harming the baby, but you can stay sexually active. Eat only healthy things, such as vegetables, fruits, congee, and other things. Try to not drink alcohol and eat spicy food."
    "Alright," Xingchen nodded, "thank you."
    "No worries, come and see me after around 3 weeks so I can see how you're doing," the healer said.
    "We will," Xue Yang took Xingchen's hand and led him outside where he hugged him tightly.
    "We did it," Xingchen whispered excitedly, "I got pregnant."
    "Yes," Xue Yang breathed, "you did."
    "We have to tell Song Lan," Xingchen said. Xue Yang grabbed his hand and led him through the people until he saw Song Lan.
    "Song Lan!" He called out, "Come here!"
    Song Lan sighed but walked over, "What is it now?"
   "I'm pregnant," Xingchen said cheerfully.
    "What?" Song Lan asked, not believing a word that came from the man's mouth, "How? You're a man."
     "Well, before I was born I was meant to be a girl. But I ended up changing into a boy, so now I have the possibility of getting pregnant. Which I did," Xingchen explained.
    "Who's the father then?" Song Lan asked, crossing his arms.
    "Xue Yang," he replied.
    "We're leaving," Song Lan grabbed Xingchen's hand and pulled him away. But Xingchen was held back by Xue Yang.
    "No, he is carrying my child and I am not letting him out of my sight," Xue Yang said in a dark, almost threatening voice.
    "He can't be around you, all you bring is trouble," Song Lan coldly said, "I will be the father of this child. I am not letting Xingchen or the baby die in your hands."
   "You really think I would kill the person I love and my child?" Xue Yang asked in disbelief, he scoffed, "Song Lan, you are really not what I expected."
    Xingchen pulled his hands away from both of them, "If you keep arguing like this I will leave and raise the child by myself."
   "YueHua, don't be rash," Xue Yang gently said, "you know that if you don't have anyone there with you, the baby and you could die."
   "Then stop arguing!" Xingchen stalked off to the trees with Xue Yang and Song Lan running behind him.
    They went all the way to Coffin Town where Xue Yang grabbed Xingchen's shoulder and turned him around, "YueHua, please calm down." He kissed his lover gently as an apology, before pulling back, "I won't argue with Song Lan anymore, I promise. Just don't leave."
   Xingchen sighed, "You two need to get along."
   "I know, and I'll try," Xue Yang promised, "I'll try no matter what."

This is Xingchen's necklace: