Chapter 29- Drink

"Do you want to drink?" Changming asked as the four walked.
   "I thought it was prohibited," Yue said.
   "It is, but I snuck some in," Changming said shyly.
    "Then lets do it!" Yue pulled Changming's hand and they ran to a room. Chenxing followed Shanghai smiled at the man's slow pace.
   Chenxing walked into the room and sat down on the bed, his clothes were dry so he took off Shanghai's and put his own on. "You look good in the Jin Clan clothes."
  "I prefer these," Chenxing said, "I like the colors black and white."
   "You look good in a lot of things," Shanghai complimented.
"Hey! Are you flirting with my brother?" Yue asked, stepping in front of Chenxing.
"And if I am?" Shanghai said daringly.
"It's fine a-Yue, just leave it," Chenxing said, "he hasn't done anything." Yue huffed and took a jar from Changming who was already drinking.
   Shanghai took a jar and also began drinking. Chenxing watched the men drink from afar and sighed, he never liked the fact that people drank. It reminded him of when his father used to drink at night.
   He laid down on the bed and closed his eyes, he felt someone climb in next to him and opened his eyes. He saw Yue resting his chin on his shoulder, "Why do you always do this?"
   "You're comfy," Yue mumbled, "and warm."
Chenxing sighed, "Fine, but this is the last time." He hugged his brother close to him and felt someone else get on the bed next to him, and another person.
   Next thing he knew everyone was on the bed with him. He smiled softly and hugged his brother tighter.
  Shanghai hugged Chenxing's waist and Changming hugged Yue from behind. The four cuddling on the bed, all but one drunk.
  "Who wants another drink?" Yue asked.
  "Me!" Changming shot up and ran to the jars, he took one and passed another to Yue who took it gladly.
   Chenxing sat up slowly and put his hand out, "Give me some I guess, I need a break."
   "Here," Yue passed him the bottle and Chenxing took a big gulp. "How is it?"
   "A bit strong, but it's fine," Chenxing shrugged and took another shot. He sighed and walked towards his brother, then wrapped his arms around the young man.
   "What are you doing?" Yue asked.
  "I'm sorry. I know that Baba always seemed like he favored me but that was because I look like Mama," Chenxing said, "but he loves us both equally."
  "I know," Yue sighed, "I don't mind not being the favorite."
  "You should mind," Chenxing mumbled, "I feel like I'm just a replacement for Mama and that Baba doesn't like me for who I am."
  "He does! He always compliments how you're so kind to others no matter how they treat you. And how you always control yourself," Yue said.
  "I'm like Mama then," Chenxing whispered, "I'll always be a replacement. Nothing more, nothing less."   
    "You're not a replacement for me," Yue said.
   "Or me," Shanghai pipped in.
    "Or me!" Changming added.
"See? You aren't a replacement for any of us," Yue said softly, he caressed the man's head gently and kissed it.
Chenxing pulled back with teary eyes and smiled, "Thank you a-Yue. And you two," he said turning to the other two.
"No worries," Changming said, "are you hungry? I have some steamed buns here."
"How many things do you have?" Yue asked, his eyes sparkling.
"A lot," Changming chuckled, "here." He gave the young man a steamed bun and gave one to Chenxing and Shanghai.
"Thank you," Chenxing said. He took a bite out of the bun and savored the taste.
Shanghai took another sip of the alcohol and smiled, "Who wants to play a game?"
"Depends on what it is," Yue said.
"Let's see who can drink the most," he said smiling.
"Chenxing can!" Yue exclaimed, "He never gets drunk!"
"He has to at some point," Changming said, he gave Chenxing two bottles, "can you take those?"
"Easy," Chenxing chugged one bottle and smiled, he could feel his sweet side coming out. He chugged the other bottle, "There."
"How?" Shanghai asked, "This alcohol is strong!"
Chenxing shrugged, "It doesn't bother me too much."
"Take another one," Shanghai gave him another bottle. Chenxing nodded and swallowed it all in one go.
"You are a god," Changming said, "go outside and see if you can walk."
"Sure," Chenxing stood up with ease and walked outside, the rest following him.
He walked to a stream and sat down next to it. Looked up and saw Yue and Changming on the floor, asleep.
"They passed out," Shanghai said.
"I can see that," Chenxing said. Shanghai sat next to him and looked at the clear water beneath them.
"So, what's it like being the son of a clan leader?" Shanghai asked.
"It's a lot of stress and learning, but it's fun," Chenxing admitted.
"Do you get to play?" Shanghai asked.
"I used to," Chenxing said, fondly remembering the past.
"Did you hide books of beauty?" Shanghai whispered.
"What? No! Did you?"
"Yes," Shanghai laughed.
Chenxing covered his face with his fan and chuckled, "You're so weird."
"I know," Shanghai's laughter died down and he stared at Chenxing's smiling face. He moved the fan down slightly, "You look very pretty."
"I look like my mother, that's why," Chenxing said, "except for my eyes, they're Baba's."
"They looked red a while ago," Shanghai said.
"They are actually brown, but they have a red tint that can only be seen in the light," Chenxing explained.
"That's interesting," Shanghai nodded. He scooted closer to the young man and leaned his head on Chenxing's shoulder. He closed his eyes and soon fell asleep.
Chenxing looked down at the man and smiled fondly. He wouldn't admit it but he has grown a liking to him, even after only knowing him for less than a day.
He picked the boy up and carried him back to the room where he set him down on the bed. He came back and picked both Yue and Changming up like kids and took them to the room as well.
With everyone on the bed, Chenxing sat at the table and drank a little bit more before falling asleep.