Chapter 27- Meeting

"Baba, someone from the Jin Clan wants to fight me," Chenxing said walking up to his father, "it will be a friendly match."
"I don't think people are meant to fight during meetings," Xue Yang said.
"Please Baba!" Yue whined, "I want to see who will win, this guy seems good."
Xue Yang sighed, "Go ask Clan Leader Lan then, he's the one who organized this meeting."
"Alright!" Yue ran away and Chenxing walked behind him calmly. Yue stopped in front of Xichen and bowed, "Clan Leader Lan, I apologize to bother you but I wanted to know if my brother and someone else could have a match."
Xichen smiled at the man, "Will it be good?"
"Very," Yue said smirking, looking exactly like his father.
"Then go ahead," Xichen sighed, "but do it outside."
"Thank you!" Yue grabbed his brother's arm and ran to the group. "Clan Leader Lan said we can do it outside."
"You-you asked Zewu Jun?" Jingyi asked, his face pale, "That means he's going to watch you idiot!"
"Wait...what?" Yue turned to the boy, "He is?"
"Yes!" They all whisper yelled.
"Well...even better!" Yue smiled cheerfully.
"No! It's not!" Jin Ling said, "He's going to think it's stupid."
"Why? My brother is one of the best fighters there is," Yue said, "you'll see." He grabbed Shanghai's arm and pulled him and Chenxing outside.
They waited and soon Xue Yang came out with Xichen and almost everyone else. Chenxing gave his fan to his father and took his sword out.
Shanghai took his own sword out and faced him. He smiled and attacked.
Chenxing knew every clans' moves and tricks, he even made up some to counterattack them. He blocked the hit and began fighting back with his own tricks, making sure to not hurt the young man.
He only touched the spots with his sword but never cut the skin. Shanghai was in shock at how calm and skilled the young man was, everything was.
Shanghai ended up with the sword at his neck, "Wow, you're good."
"Thank you," Chenxing said, putting his sword back in it's sheathe.
"What is your swords name?" Shanghai asked, putting his own away.
"Jiangxue," Chenxing said.
"Well, it's a very good sword," he said smiling, "and good fight." The two bowed to each other and heard chattering.
"Young Master Xue," Xichen said, "where did you learn to fight that way? Your skill is very unique."
Chenxing bowed, "Thank you, I learned from Baba. He taught me how to fight the way he does, I just have a little something extra that was given to me by Mama."
"Who is your mother?" Xichen asked.
"I would rather not say," Chenxing said, "I apologize for not being able to help." He bowed again and walked to where his father and the group was.
"You did so good!" Yue exclaimed.
"Thank you a-Yue," Chenxing smiled.
"Just like your mother," Xue Yang whispered, he hugged his son gently.
"Thank you Baba," Chenxing whispered. The two separated and Chenxing felt someone hit his back harshly.
"You did so good!" It was Shanghai.
"Thanks," Chenxing said with a soft smile.
"Clan Leader Xue," Sizhui said, "are you going to stay here for a while or will you leave?"
"We might stay for a few days," Xue Yang said, "it seems like there are a few troubles here in Gusu."
"Yes, there has been a couple of puppets attacking," Jingyi said, "we don't know who is behind it."
"Yeah, we got rid of Clan Leader Jin so we don't know who else it could be," Zizhen said, his eyebrows furrowing.
"Maybe Uncle Wen will know," Sizhui suggested.
"Maybe," Jingyi said.
"I still don't trust him," Jin Ling said, his eyes glinting with an odd emotion. Jealousy, Xue Yang thought with a chuckle.
Sizhui turned to him, "Why not?"
"I just don't," Jin Ling huffed.
"He hasn't done anything to hurt you," Jingyi pointed out.
"He killed my father," Jin Ling mumbled.
"You need to know that it wasn't him! It was Clan Leader Jin!" Jingyi sighed.
"I don't care!" Jin Ling ran into the building and Sizhui followed him.
"Young Master Jin!"
"Those two will end up together," Yue whispered to Chenxing.
"Yes," Chenxing turned to Jingyi, "Jingyi, what do you think about Wen Ning?"
"He is pretty nice," Jingyi said, "I like him." They walked inside as they talked and but Chenxing was held back by Shanghai.
"Yes?" He asked.
"Do you want to go fishing?" The man asked.
"Is that allowed?" Chenxing asked, pulling his arm back slowly.
"No, but I want to go play!" Shanghai said childishly. Chenxing shook his head and walked inside the building without another word and sat down next to his father.
Yue was on the other side of Xue Yang and was talking with Jingyi. "Everyone," Xichen announced, "we are all here due to problems in many clans.
"Our clan has gotten many attacks from the puppets and the Jin Clan has as well. The Jiang Clan has gotten attacks from river ghosts and the Ouyang Clan has gotten attacks from puppets as well."
"What about the Xue Clan?" A man called out.
"They are here to help, one of them has experience with puppets like Wei Wuxian," Xichen said.
"Who is it?" The man asked.
Xue Yang stood up and Jiang Cheng's eyes widened. "I am."
"You're the leader of the Xue Clan aren't you?" The man said, "Xue Yang?"
"Yes," Xue Yang bowed, "I am not very well known, for I keep my identity a secret. But yes, I do have plenty of experience with puppets and how to control them."
"Aren't you the one who had a piece of the Yin Iron before Wei Wuxian took it?" Another man asked.
Xue Yang chuckled, "He never took it, I still have it. There are five pieces of the Yin Iron, I am sure many of you know now. All but this one were destroyed."
"What if he's the one doing everything?" A man asked.
"I haven't touched the Yin Iron in years," Xue Yang assured the man, "I left it back at the Lunar Mansion with Song Lan."
   "Then is he the one using it?"
   "No, he can't touch it," Xue Yang said, "only I can."
   Chenxing began fanning himself as he watched the scene with careful eyes. Yue fiddled with his necklace and glared at the the man.
"Let's not accuse each other," Xichen said, "Clan Leader Jiang, what do you think?"
"Xue Yang is doing it," he said.
"Why do you think that?" Xichen asked calmly.
"Because I know how he is. Me, Hanguang Jun, and Wei Wuxian have caught him in the act," Jiang Cheng said.
"Clan Leader Jiang," Chenxing said, "I would appreciate it if you didn't accuse my father."
"The Dove, am I right?" Jiang Cheng scowled, "You're his son, so of course you're defending him. You are too young to say anything with this, unless you're the one doing it."
"Are you saying my brother is the one behind it all?" Yue asked in a threatening voice.