Christmas

Walking into the twins home was surreal. A warm feeling spread throughout me as I took in the sights. There was a large grandfather clock with spoon like arrows, each with a face belonging to a member of the family. It showed where the said person was. I'd never seen anything like it before.

Magical appliances lay crammed onto tabletops, in place of where in my house I would have had things like a kettle, a stovetop or a microwave. Of course, I hadn't been back to my house in a long time.

"Mei will be staying with Ginny in her room, I've already put another bed in there" Mrs Weasley announced with a beaming smile. The twins grumbled at this, but after a glare from their mother, George took ahold of my trunk and led the way up to the youngest Weasley's room.

Fred had to be dragged away from Ginny's room by his brother as he pleaded to try and stay with me, and eventually Ginny got fed up and threw a sock at him, causing him to stalk away out of the door.

She sat down on her bed, giving me a thoughtful look. I sat opposite her on my own bed, peering at her with mock wide eyes. "Ginny" I hushed, shocking her as a grin crept onto her face.

"You and Fred seem to be doing well" she smirked, and I was taken aback. Ginny was 11 years old! "Oh dear Merlin" I whispered, before leaving her with a satisfied smile and slipping out of the door to the twins room.

It didn't take me long to find it, as I heard a small explosion and one of the doors rattled in its frame. I pushed on the door handle, pulling back sharply and sucking in air. It was burning hot from the previous combustion. "OUCH" I shouted down the hallway as the door flew open.

Fred's face was full of worry, and ran over to me, taking my hand in his and examining it. A small welt had now appeared on my finger, and it was red raw and throbbing.

"I think mum should take a look at it" Fred whispered, his eyes now full of regret. "What? No way! I'll be fine, plus she'd kill you" Fred attempted to argue, but I raised my eyebrow at him and he closed his mouth firmly.

He walked me back to my room, and him and Ginny both cleaned and wrapped my little burn to the best of their abilities. Ginny fell asleep early, and I soon found out she was a heavy sleeper.

Fred and I stayed talking for hours, and sometime later his mum popped her head around the door. "Time to get to bed dears, tomorrow is Christmas Eve after all" she smiled at us, and beckoned Fred out of the room. He smiled at me sheepishly and left, leaving me to fall asleep in a matter of minutes.

The next morning, Mrs Weasley came to wake us up for breakfast. I followed the scent of food to the kitchen, taking a seat in between Fred and George. "This smells amazing Mrs Weasley" I exclaimed, as she blushed and my stomach began rumbling along with everyone else's. "Call me Molly dear" She chuckled, and began dishing out sausages onto our plates.

Around the table sat Mr Weasley, a thin man with glasses and a flat layer of ginger hair on his head. The twins older brother Bill was also home for the holidays, and he was just cool. There was no other way to say it. He had an earring with what seemed to be a fang hanging from it, and his long red hair was pulled into a ponytail. He wore a black leather jacket, even at the table, and gave a wink as he passed me a tray with toast on.

Percy was also with us, and I was familiar with him from school. He always seemed to be a target for the twins pranks, but I wasn't angry over that, he was very pompous and opinionated.

Breakfast passed by quickly, and we all hurried to the living room to decorate the tree. Christmas carols were playing as we placed baubles sporadically across the branches.

Being at the Burrow made my heart feel warm and full. Especially being here with Fred. I looked up to see him placing some baubles on the higher branches, and he kept glancing down at me. Every time I laughed, he smiled and went back to his task. I wasn't sure if he noticed me watching him, but his happiness was contagious to me.

After spending the rest of the day doing odd jobs around the house and flying around the paddock in the back garden, we all came back inside for a cup of hot chocolate.

The light was now dim, and Molly waved her wand at the tree, lighting it with many different colours that reflected into the air.

Deciding we should all head off to bed, we bid goodnight to Mr and Mrs Weasley, Bill and Percy. At the top of the stairs, Fred gave me a quick kiss, said goodnight and departed to his room.

Ginny and I clambered into our beds, chatting about odd things until I heard shallow breathing from her side, and I knew she had fallen asleep. It turned out we had a lot in common, and she was fast becoming one of my favourite people to talk to about anything.

I woke up to the sound of the door flinging open, and Fred and George merrily walked in, shaking us both awake. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. It was Christmas, finally.

We made our way downstairs, where the rest of the family were waiting. We didn't hesitate to make a start on opening the presents, and I was shocked to discover a small pile of presents meant for me.

I ripped them open, finding some chocolate frogs and Bertie Botts beans from George, and a broom cleaning kit from Jerry and my mum. Opening the next present, a red knitted jumper with a large "M" on the front fell onto my lap. I looked up at Molly, a small tear forming in my eyes.

I pulled her into a tight hug, thanking her profusely. "You're one of the family now" she fussed, and I grinned before slipping the jumper on over my pyjamas.

I felt someone lightly grab my arm and pull me to the side, and I turned to find Fred smiling at me. "Here" he handed me a soft package, and I beamed at him as I opened it. A soft grey bobble hat was inside, with a small "F" initial on the front of it.

"It's got my initial on it so I'm on your head now as well as your heart, you know, from the jumper I gave you last week." He looked at me for my reaction, and I started laughing.

"Weasley you idiot, you're always on my mind anyway. But thank you so much. It's funny actually" he looked at me in amusement as I handed him a present.

He laughed as he picked up the orange beanie I had made for him. "It took me ages to make that, I'm not the best at making things" I shrugged, a pink blush tinging my ears.

"I love it" he whispered, before leaning in and giving me an enthusiastic kiss, wrapping his hands around my waist. I pulled back and smiled at him, and made my way back to his family.

AN: a bit of a short chapter, tomorrows should be a bit more exciting and longer. I'm going to move on a bit faster, it's taking me a while to get through her fourth year so I might have to skip a few things.