Chapter Six

Meadow's Pov
Chunin exams? What could I say it about it, it was dangerous, kinda fun, and sort of part our team a little closer together. We all sort of grew a little closer altogether. Though I would say I developed more anger issues, yeah I knew we were ninjas and of age but throwing us out into the woods for a week, almost getting killed by adults was a lot to take in really.

And the funniest part about it all, was it wasn't even done we still had to complete the second part in two months. It was a lot to cloud inside my mind all at once. I was sitting outside my house rubbing at the annoying mark on my neck why me? Why didn't he bite Sasuke, or Sakura or even Naruto the damn creep.

A low grumble left me still rubbing my fingers over it before I jerked slightly almost like my body was getting shocked, I can faintly still hear his voice inside my mind.

"You want more power don't you sweet one? You don't have as much hate like Sasuke but your need for power is stronger."

"Hey Meadow are you alright!" I was taken back by the loud exclaim of my name, I pulled all my hair over my neck to hide a little cracking a smile at Sakura, I really was gonna miss his long pink hair, but he could really rock the short look as well.

"Hey you what's up?" I asked him gently he carefully sat down beside me with a soft grunt his fingers rubbing at the scar on his face.

"Worried about you actually, you think none of us noticed but I did Orochimaru bit you, and you haven't been the same since, you almost broke that guy's arm." A few short blinks I rubbed at the back of my neck.

"I totally have no clue what you are talking about." I trailed off for a moment but Sakura then scoffed grabbing my chin making me gaze into his green eyes.

"Don't Meadow... Don't hide from me when I'm right here trying to help you... I am you just gotta let me." I held my breath for a moment his eyes were holding a lot of emotions in one mix. I wasn't too sure if it was a mix of sadness and disappointment.

"Sakura... I'm falling behind you guys and it's annoying me, I've been training so much and yet you all have to keep saving me, I can't depend on you guys all the time." Once again his eyes flashed to pain before both his arms were wrapped around me hugging me tightly squeezing me resting his head on top of mine his warm hands rubbed up and down all over my arms.

"You aren't falling behind alright? You are very strong and I admire you for sticking with all of us when we are well... Not the best team." A husky chuckle left him, yet he nuzzled his head even more on my own.

"But you have your own strength that you will find alright? And we will help you I promise." His body was then pulled away for just a second his hands cupping at my cheeks, a side smile growing.

"I'll protect you that's my ninja way." I couldn't help it but crack a soft smile a soft giggle leaving me tilting my head down, I grabbed at Sakura's hands both of us laughing with one another.

"If that's your Ninja way then mine is to make you proud promise." Another soft grin grew on his face before he was lifting his hands up to stroke at my cheeks.  "You already make me proud."

"Hey hands off Sakura imma beat your ass!"

"Ino Pig!" A small harsh laugh left me watching the two boys totally just start yelling at each other right then and there, Ino's now short blonde hair getting in between his eyes. Let's hope my mom doesn't hear or my dad.

____________________________
I felt a little reassured by Sakura earlier, and I was actually able to enjoy a day with him and Ino just chilling and hanging out, but at night was when I always found myself wandering around outside after dinner. What was this need for power? This just be how Naruto felt back during our academy days. My head tilted up to stare at the moon a bit.

"What are you doing out so late Meadow?" I snapped my head around to stare at Kakashi Sensei who might I add came out of nowhere.

"Can't sleep so I'm taking a walk, I'm not surprise you don't sleep a lot Sensei." I chuckled both of us now walking down the path without a care in world.

"I mainly read at night, but I've been hearing some things about you, and been thinking I can spilt my training with Sasuke for a bit, for you, wanna train with me?" I stuffed my hands inside my pockets a bit staring up at him.

"I thought you were focused on Sasuke right now, even Sakura and Naruto are training." I trailed off a bit, holding back a very small hiss at the same shock feeling coursing through my body my hand shooting to rub at my neck.

Even though his one eye was covered he was staring at me very focused. "I don't mind Meadow, let's start training yeah?"

"Alright but fair warning I don't wake up early anymore I wake up at like 12 pm unless Naruto comes over."

*Since its an au yes I'm changing it up a bit