Listen to your legs

The days flew by and you only got closer with both your team and all your opponents. You felt so happy. Of course you missed Tendou and Ushijima, but Tendou called most nights to check in on you. Sometimes he was at his dorms, other times he broke into your house. You didn't mind though, he hardly ever broke anything.

You remembered your kiss with Ushijima.

Ushijima may be clueless but god damn is he hot.

You had so many small moments with the people you loved.

Watching a movie with Oikawa,

Listening to music with Tsukishima,

Getting stuck on a ledge in the rain with Kuroo,

Becoming closer than lovers with Bokuto.
Honestly you didn't think you would find a sweeter friend. Even though you hadn't known each other that long he already meant the world to you.

And little Hinata. His cuteness was gonna give you a heart attack someday.

You lay in bed thinking about all these little moments and how they meant to much.

"You look happy there"

"I am, so don't ruin it"

Kyotani smacked your head. "Cmon it's the last day. We're having a barbecue later"

This got you out of bed. As much as you loved all your friends, food was your real love. "IM GETTING UP DONT WORRY"

You ripped the duvet off of yourself and jumped up, running to the door.

You turned back to look at Kyotani. "Hey are you coming?"

"Definitely"

"I'll race you"

"Fine but I'll win"

You sprinted out the door, determined to get a head start and win.

Why everything was a race with you? No one knows.

"Mwahahahahahahaha" you cackled as you saw him struggling to catch up with you.

Suddenly you bumped into someone big. Very big.

"Oof" you landed on the ground.

You looked up.

It was......... Ushijima??

WHAT WAS HE DOING HERE?

"Hello y/n....... why are you on the ground?"

"Ummm.... I like it down here."

"Ooooooh kinky" a red haired boy butted in.

"Tendou?"

"The one and only" he said proudly.

"Why are you guys here?"

"They asked us to come for the last day." Ushijima said.

"Yup to put all of you in your place" Tendou smiled.

"Are these guys bothering you y/n?" Kyotani helped you up from the ground. Protectively placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Oh these guys are my friends from Shiritorizawa. Ushijima and Tendou. You guys this is Kyotani."

The two boys looked Kyotani up and down, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Kyotani is the guy I box with at the club"

"oooohhhhh I know you. Your the violent guy!" Tendou placed his hand on Kyotani's shoulder. "I like you. You seem like fun"

Kyotani gritted his teeth. "I forgot you were so popular y/n"

"Well I wouldn't say popular...... people usually hate me." You scratched the back of your head.

"Why do you sound so proud of that?" Questioned Tendou.

"Well it would feel fake to have everyone like me, I'm certainly not a people pleaser....I would rather have people hate me and have a few good friends than be fake and have a load of friends."

"Woah that was deep y/n, no wonder I'm friends with you, you really are a weirdo" Tendou laughed.

"We should go to practice now, I'll help you find your team" Kyotani grabbed your hand and led you away.

Ushijima frowned as he say you walk away.

~~~~~~~

"Thanks for bringing her Kyotani, she's always getting lost on us" Dachi patted your head.

"No problem." Kyotani turned to you. "I'll see you."

"Bye!" You called.

Suga walked up to you and hit your head. "STOP RUNNING AWAY. Your going to give me a heart attack"

"Sorry mom" you pouted.

"I'm not your- forget it, just go get ready. We're playing Shiritorizawa."

Well that was bad news. It was going to be a hard match. Thank god it was only a practice match. But you knew how good they were, and they weren't going to go easy just because it wasn't an official match. And Tendou and Ushijima definitely wouldn't go easy just because you guys are friends.

"Ready?" Kageyama patted your head. "You seem a little stressed."

"Oh..I'm good, no worries"

"It's cause we're playing your friends right?"

"Ya....that doesn't mean I will go easy though. I won't let Karasuno down."

"I know you won't. Let's go"

~~~~~~~~~~

Both teams were lined up on the court. You and Hinata were prodigal spikers and blockers, Kageyama a genius setter, Nishinoya the most trustworthy libero, Daichi the backbone of the team, Asahi the teams ace who was scary in appearance but the softest baby when you spoke to him.

The game started off strong. You stared down the team facing you, attempting to intimidate them. Ushijima looked the same as always, just a little bit blank. Tendou looked a little too happy with himself.

You spiked ball after ball, scoring as many points as you could, doing well to avoid the looming blockers in front of you.

"KAGEYAMA TO MEEEEE" with all your force you slammed the ball into the ground. That feeling of the ball hitting your hand was addictive. You just wanted it again and again.

Even with your height you could block Shiritorizawa's spikes, well except for Ushijima's. But you could still get a touch on them, slowing them down.

Karasuno won the first set, but lost the second.

It was now the third set and you were losing.

24-23.

"NICE SAVE NISHINOYA"

"GOOOO HINATA!!!"

24-24

"GO Y/N AND HINATA"

You both couldn't reach the ball in time to block it.

25-24

You were ready to cry, you were exhausted. Sweat dripped from you chin. Your legs ached, begging you to stop. But you would never stop. You were almost there. Your legs would have to last a little longer.

"AHHHHHHHHH" You roared spiking the ball.

25-25

"SPIKE IT ASAHI!!!"

25-26

You were ahead. You had to win. Karasuno had to win.

"ONE LAST JUMP!!"

You hit the ball.

25-27

Karasuno had won . The thud of the ball was so loud. Followed by an even louder thud. You fell to the ground.

You had collapsed from exhaustion.

'Maybe you should have listened you legs' you thought before everything went black.