Day 1. Lonely Christmas Nights PT. 1

4 love stories.

Ricky and Nini are seniors and have broken up sophomore year. None the less, no theatre was in this story. They simply ignored each other after the first realization, but on a lonely night of Christmas Eve, visits have come to pay. (PT 1)

Seb is a junior and Carlos is a senior. Seb is a new student at East High and is about to take his shot against the dance captain and his team. Just after Christmas, the cheer has seem to drop relentlessly. Even after realizing his captain, used to be an old friend. (PT 2)

EJ and Gina can hardly stand next to each other without having to argue about something stupid. You can never put 2 scholars together, especially not aroundvthe most joyful time of the year.  Well unless you do. (PT 3)

And last but not least...Ashlyn and Big Red. They very much can stand next to each other and tend to do it often. The only thing they can't stand, is being far apart. Especially not on Christmas Eve. (PT 4)

But today...is the story of Ricky and Nini.

And even if it's not the ending you want, it's the ending that happened.

*fast paced of purpose. It's a short story."

Nini Salazar Roberts   I look around the bright room, and force a grin on my face

I look around the bright room, and force a grin on my face. Sure, my moms weren't here but they told me I could open my gifts at midnight or in the morning. To be honest, I don't really care about the gifts, I just wish they were here.

I remain on the ground with my knees up in the middle of my living room, staring at my Christmas tree. The blinking lights help stretch my lips and keep my smile, but it doesn't last long as my eyes drift to the 3 stockings. 2 empty and mine, filled with god knows what. It changes every year.

My mom's opened them in front of me, that way I could still see their faces before they left, but they won't be able to see mine one last time before I head off to college. I wanted this to be special, but...I understand. I understand why they're gone.

I fix my somewhat long socks and debate whether or not to put sweatpants over my spandex just in case it gets cold, but the fire reminds me that I'm perfectly fine and that the emptiness is just the lack of people by me.

I would've invited Kourtney but she's with her family and probably sleeping if anything. I haven't talked to her since the beginning of the break but it's fine. We'll be back in no time.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair then stand up. I head to the kitchen and take a little time to close my eyes and inhale the aroma of peppermint that I knew wasn't gonna last long in this house before deciding to make some hot chocolate.

I have about 40 minutes till midnight so I might as well keep myself occupied. The presents are the only thing I'll find myself interested in this evening anyway.