Chapter 3 Damien

Bella's announcement caused an uproar in the council. The kids stood out side the throne room waiting axiously for someone to call them back into the throne room to join the adults.

Tom was sitting curled up on the floor with Scorpius and Jasmine on either side of him. James, as young as he was, was pacing back and forth lost in thought. Now what was going to happen to them?

James swerved and looked over the three sitting on the floor. "Someone tell me what the hell is going on now!" He demanded as raw power radiated off of him in waves.

"Leave us alone James! Its got nothing to do with you!" Tom shot back galring at James.

"Like hell is doesn't! That lady in there just accused mom of hurting us!" James snapped.

"Just because you are not her target, Doesn't mean that she is innocent!" Scorpius snapped causing James to recoil away from his older brother with a look of shock.

In side the throne room Bella had just finished telling JMR and the Council everything that she knew, including giving them the evidence that she knew that they would want.

This process took a whole 2 hours to work through before the kids were let back into the throne room where a table full of food was waiting.

"dad?" Scorpius asked hesitantly seeing hie father glaring at the table angerily.

JMR jerked out of his trance like state and looked over at Scorpius a little alarmed. His eyes softened seeing him. "Come eat, Im sure you are hungry, we missed Lunch" he says with a small smile.

The kids walked over and sat back down in their seats.

Jasmine's tears had finally stopped. Bella helped her up into her seat. James refused any help.

They were quiet as they ate their dinner. It wasn't until desert was brought out that Damien picked up the book.

"I think i will read next" He offered.

Getting the go ahead from JMR he opened the book up and began reading causing them all to look over at him expecantly.

On Sunday morning, Vernon sat at the breakfast table looking tired and rather ill, but happy. It made me sick to think that he could ever be happy. "No post on Sundays." He reminded us cheerfully as he spread marmalade on his toast. "No bloody letters today." He said as me and Harry passed out cookies to the pigs.

Bella and Tom snickered at the insult.

JMR gave them a look but he too seemed amused by the insult.

Something came whizzing into the room from the kitchen chimney and caught Vernon sharply on the back of the head. I couldn't help but laugh. Karma!

"Don't you just love Karma?" Scorpius asked with a smirk.

The next thing I realized was that thirty to forty letters directed to me and Harry was coming from the chimney. I look to Harry to see him smiling and trying to reach for one falling from the air.

James scowled. "pick one up off the ground" he says looking annoyed by this.

I rolled my eyes with a smile as I bent down and grabbed one.

"see!" James exclaimed.

"we get it James!" Jasmine says sounding annoyed. She knew it wasnt his fault, he was the youngest out of the kids, but he was really irritating them.

I started to open it but it was ripped from my hands just as Vernon screamed. "Out! OUT!" He screamed at us but Harry ran out of the room and into the hall with the letter.