Chapter 3- A New Sith Emerges

Ahsoka gasped when she saw the figure. It looked just like the one from her visions.

"Ahsoka and I will handle the Sith, you guys worry about the droids," Anakin called back to the troopers.

As the figure approached, Ahsoka recognized his piercing yellow eyes, the sign of a Sith. His face was dark and brooding, and underneath his black hood were dark robes. She was overwhelmed by the darkness she sensed in him, similar to when she was near Dooku or Ventress.

Anakin and Ahsoka charged him together, ready to attack.

The Sith was ready, as well. He quickly parried both of their attacks, meeting each of them with a similar energy and superior skill.

"Who are you?" Anakin growled, continuing to fight.

The Sith jeered at them and pressed on his counterattack.

"Dooku was right, you're not bad...for a Jedi," the Sith mocked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ahsoka argued.

"It means, it will be an honor to kill you."

Anakin ducked to avoid a blow, but in doing so, was force pushed out of the way. Ahsoka pressed on, fighting for every inch of ground. As the Sith was blocking one of her attacks, she saw an opening and kicked him back. But the Sith was quick to recover.

Anakin charged again, rejoining his padawan as the fight continued.

Around them, the battle erupted on all sides. While the Sith was keeping Anakin and Ahsoka occupied, the droids seemed to be pushing on, gaining ground against the clone army. Their numbers were overwhelming, and the second wave was even larger than the first.

Rex called the troops back, causing Anakin and Ahsoka to lose cover. They retreated from the Sith and fell back with the clones.

"That Sith was well trained in lightsaber combat," Ahsoka commented.

"His presence is concerning," Anakin replied.

Ahsoka thought back to her visions, wondering if she should share them with her master. What if what she saw was in the near future, perhaps this very battle?

"Master, I need to tell you something..."

"Yes, Ahsoka?"

"I've been having visions lately. And this mysterious Sith was in them."

"What happens in your visions?" Anakin questioned.

"We were fighting this Sith figure together. But he is really strong with the force. He overpowers us."

Anakin looked concerned.

"When did you start having these visions?"

"Right after we received our mission to come here."

"You should've told me right away," he told her.

"I know, Anakin," she responded, looking down.

She felt his finger under her chin, lifting it slightly. "You know you can always trust me," he said a little more gently.

Ahsoka's eyes met Anakin's and she gave him a small smile.

He smiled back.

"Let me know if you have any more visions. We will need every advantage if we are to defeat this Sith."

She nodded as Anakin walked off to speak with Rex.

Ahsoka felt guilty that she waited so long to tell her master. But even more pressing, she was concerned that these visions would come true. Was Anakin to die at the hands of this Sith? Was she?

After a filling meal, Ahsoka found an empty cot to get some rest. Night had befallen Alderaan, making it easier for her to drift off. The lights of nearby buildings illuminated the sky, masking the stars beyond. The soft glow of the skyline was oddly comforting, perhaps because it reminded her of Coruscant. As Ahsoka slipped into a deep slumber, her mind was plunged into another vision.

A second dark room, but this time, the Sith was alone. He was standing, talking to another figure on a hologram. Ahsoka could tell by the voice, it was Dooku. Skywalker and his little padawan are here. Dooku answered mercilessly, Kill them both, Darth Malicus. The Sith nodded to Dooku and turned off his hologram, a grin growing on his face.

She sat up, gasping for air.

Anakin burst into her room. He must have sensed her panic.

"Ahsoka, what's wrong?!" Anakin said, rushing to her side. He sat down on the edge of her cot.

"I had another vision," she muttered, looking up at him with fear in her eyes. "The Sith's name is Darth Malicus, and I think he came here to kill us."