Chapter 5- Visions Affirmed

"Master!" Ahsoka cried as she watched Anakin get flung back. Recalling her vision, she felt the room spin as she realized that everything was coming true. Her worst nightmares pushed aside, Ahsoka charged forward, attacking Malicus.

Malicus chuckled, "You think you are a worthy opponent for me, padawan? You are no match for the might of the dark side."

"You underestimate the power of the light. The Jedi are stronger than you realize." She replied, strangely calm.

"Your master uses his anger as a weapon, but you reject it. This is a mistake."

Ahsoka charged him again, completely focused on each strike.

They continued sparring. Ahsoka wielded both her sabers with precision and force. Though she felt great fear for herself and her master, she tried to remain calm.

Suddenly, Malicus force leapt away from her and extinguished his lightsaber. Ahsoka was no longer able to trust her eyes. She thought back to her master's words: Trust in the force. Ahsoka was reminded of her training in the Jedi Temple. To practice building their connection to the force, the younglings wore helmets that covered their eyes. They had to rely solely on the force for every block and strike of their saber.

Ahsoka closed her eyes and attuned herself with the force. She allowed her emotions to open up her senses and focused in on the space around her. Right now, Malicus was on the other side of the room. He jumped over her and ignited his saber as soon as he landed. Ahsoka, with her eyes still closed, blocked his strike and counteracted each of his moves. He leapt back, then charged from the other side.

Ahsoka was ready. Again, she blocked his attack, pressing on her counterattacks swiftly and carefully.

"Impressive," Malicus told her, "But it still won't be enough."

Ahsoka could feel her energy gradually fading, but she continued to hold her own. For a moment, her attention drifted to her master, who hadn't awoken yet. She wished to know if he was okay.

Malicus sensed this moment of distraction and used it to his advantage. He force pushed her back, causing her to smash into a nearby pillar.

Ahsoka hit the pillar hard and fell to the ground, disoriented and reeling. She recovered quickly, igniting her lightsabers and charging forward again.

This time, Malicus shot out a ray of Sith lightning. Ahsoka held up her lightsaber, easily absorbing the energy.

Malicus quickly shot his hand out, intending to use another force push against Ahsoka. But she was swift and used the force to push back against him. The amount of tension that built up caused both force wielders to fly back in opposite directions.

Malicus rapidly regained his footing and used the force the push Ahsoka's lightsabers away from her. Then he raised his hand and shot out another ray of lightning. Now, Ahsoka was defenseless to his attack. The lightning struck her and caused a burning sensation that ignited through her entire body. Ahsoka cried out in pain as Malicus continued to electrocute her, moving closer.

"And now padawan, your time has come to an end."

"No!" Ahsoka yelped. She collapsed.

"It is too bad your master isn't awake to see this. Not to worry, though. His time will come too."

Ahsoka inched back as Malicus raised his hands, intending to strike her again. Each bolt was agony, and slowly sapped her remaining energy.

Ahsoka yelled out in pain as her life was being drained away.

A single tear fell down her cheek.