Chapter 7- Waking Up

Ahsoka gradually returned to consciousness. The more she awoke, the more she felt the full extent of her pain and injuries. She moaned groggily as a bright light was shone into her eyes.

"She's starting to wake up," one voice said.

"Go inform Master Skywalker," another voice replied, "He will want to see her.

Ahsoka let out a weak breath, trying to relieve some of the pressure from her pounding head.

"What's...going on?" she mustered.

"You've been severely electrocuted by Sith lightening. You have some internal burns and have had almost all the energy drained from your body. We're loading you up with fluids and nutrients, but it's going to take some time to get your health back."

Ahsoka nodded feebly, too tired and weak to be upset. All she wanted to do was drift back asleep, but her pain was preventing her from doing so. She let her eyes close, hoping it would eventually drag her back to unconsciousness.

Just then, Anakin burst into the tent, Rex in tow.

"How is she?" Anakin questioned.

"She's stable for now," one of the clones answered.

Anakin sat down in a chair next to her bed, placing his hand gently on the top of her head.

Ahsoka's eyes fluttered open at his touch.

"Ahsoka, you're awake!" Anakin exclaimed, "How do you feel?"

"Tired," she mumbled, too weak to form a more descriptive response.

"It's good to see you awake, Commander," Rex commented. He nodded at her, then left to go oversee the troops.

Anakin placed his other hand on her limp one.

"I'm so sorry for letting you get hurt. I should've fought harder."

"Not...your...fault."

Anakin sighed, stroking her montral with his thumb. "I don't know what I would've done without you by my side."

Ahsoka mustered a small smile.

It wasn't very often that Anakin was so open with her. To her, that made his words all the more sincere.

Ahsoka wanted to talk more, but she felt herself being dragged back to unconsciousness.

Anakin squeezed her hand as her eyelids closed. Just having him close helped alleviate some of her pain. She drifted off peacefully.