*A.N. Hi! Long chapter ahead, fair warning! I wanted to capture everything that occurs on Gemelle's end so now we can pick right up where chapter 12 ends in chapter 13. All feedback is good feedback ❤️*

Gemelle

I don't know why this raspy voice wants me to message Adam, let alone persuade this guy to invite me over.

Why do I have to do this...voice's bidding?

"Because you have the most to lose, Gemelle." The raspy voice said in my head. "Now do it."

My fingers shakily typed the word "Hi." I waited a moment before I pressed the send button on my phone. I secretly hoped that he didn't answer my message so I could be done with this raspy voice, but my dreams came crashing down when three little dots appeared on the bottom of the text bubble, signaling that he not only read my message, but responded.

    "Who's this?" He wrote back. I thought back to the last time I told him my name.

    "Mel, from Dion's party." I texted, hoping he'd somewhat remember me.

"Mel who? I don't remember any Mel." Of course he wouldn't remember me, because that would mean he'd remember me telling him to piss off.

"See he doesn't even remember me." I said in thought, "how do you expect me to convince a guy to invite me into his house if he doesn't know who I am."

"Get it done." The raspy voice demanded. I bit my bottom lip in frustration as I began typing.

"Girl with the red hair and blue eyes." I wrote.

"Ahh ok. Blue eyes with the fiery attitude." He replied. Oh, so he does remember.

"Yeah. Ha-ha. That's me."

"What's up?"

"Been thinking about you since the party", I lied.

"Yeah doubtful. What exactly do you want?"

What do I want with this male chauvinist? I waited for the raspy voice to respond, but it was silence. Scared to stop now, I responded.

"To get to know you." I lied.

"You had the opportunity at the party. Your loss, sweetheart." He texted back instantly, almost too eager to let me down. Though I had no desire to engage with Adam, being turned down by two guys in one night stung a little.

A moment had passed before my phone screen illuminated the dark car. It was another message from Adam.

"But if you want to hook up, we can." It read. I snorted at how unapologetically bold he was.

"Ok, sounds like a plan." I played along, added another wink emoji to the message.

"Cool, my place tomorrow @ 10."

"Make it midnight." Since that's the time I usually sneak out to go hunting anyways.

"Sure." He responded. "Oh, and I like red lingerie."

I thought back to the red lacey bra that Jemini was waving around before I left, and I shook my head.
Nope, I can't do it.

"So, you're telling me that you are willing to KILL your cousin and sister over red knickers?" The raspy voice said with a hint of amusement. "How mature."

    "Fuck you." I said in thought as I messaged Adam, confirming his request. I threw my phone on to the passenger seat of the car in anger.

    "Good girl." The voice said.