Adam/Apollo

Turning around, I was faced with the biggest piece of shit in the Godly universe.

Fucking Eros.

The God of love, passion, desire and being an all-around nightmare

He stands, in front of me, at his measly height of five feet, nine inches with his signature condescending smirk.

"I see Zeus has yet to make the decision to strike you down" I remarked as I look down at him.

Ignoring my statement, he continued, "I never thought I would live to see the day, Apollo the Great, gets denied. Sems like dreams do come true."

The first time Eros and I met; it was during orientation on our first day at T.H.E.O.S. Although majority of us were still adjusting to our newfound powers and new life as Gods, he seemed to have already mastered his new role.

Surrounded by his little fan club of his cupid minions and lesser known Gods from different pantheons, Eros' godly power radiated off of him in waves; affecting everyone around him except for me.

Still grieving from my dad's death and the disappearance of my mom, my belief in love was shattered and on its way to being nonexistent.

Upon meeting me, he could sense my lack of belief in him and everything he represented. According to him, my heart was a 'black void that lacked the ability to experience humanity's greatest emotion'.

Which is probably true.

But what he failed to mention was my heart's lack of love and passion showed me who and what he truly was behind his nice and sweet persona: An evil manipulative sociopath who hides behind the disguise of love to make people do his bidding.

And he despises me for seeing the truth.

"It seems like I may have found your Achilles' heel, Apollo" said Eros, drawing me back into the conversation.

Before I could resort to my usual snarly response, I was interrupted by a beautiful dark skin woman walking towards us. Her deep chocolate skin glowed under the dim lightening of the loft. The high slit of her red sequenced dress slowly revealed more and more of her unblemished thigh with each sway of her hips, that seem to be moving to the beat of the R&B song playing in the background.

She is dangerous and beautiful.

And she definitely knew it.