Chapter 6: Adam/Apollo

After dealing with Anya, and then running across campus to the 'Main' building for my therapy appointment, I was physically and emotionally drained.

Walking through the entrance, I made a slight left turn and continued to the end of the hallway.

Stopping in front of the last door on the right marked: Aphrodite- Guidance Counselor, I knocked.

A few seconds later, a muffled voice answered, "come in Apollo."

Turning the doorknob, I entered the air conditioned and brightly lit room of the school's guidance counselor/social worker.

Aphrodite sat behind her oak wood desk, her glasses on the brim of her nose, as she typed furiously on the keyboard of her computer

Her blonde hair in a messy ponytail, stray strands flying everything.

She looked stress, unlike her usual over bubbly self.

"Step in Adam; take a seat. You know I don't bite" she said, barely looking up from a computer.

Looking around, I decided to take a seat on the couch, located in the furthest part of the room, instead of seating in one of the two chairs in front of her desk.

"Mhm, the couch today. Are you feeling okay Apollo?" she inquired as she finally got up from her desk and dragged one of the chairs to position it near the couch to begin our session.

"I'm fine" I muttered, leaning my head back to look up at the ceiling.

"Okay. Well, what would you like to discuss today?" she asked.

Shrugging my shoulders, I finally turn to look at her.

She's probably the only woman in my life, aside from Nate's mom, that could never get my dick hard.

Not even a little.

Not because she was ugly or anything. She's quite beautiful actually but being around her always made me feel like a dead fish emotionally.

"Okay. Well we can discuss what happened between you and Anya earlier today in the parking lot or we can talk about your dad. The anniversary of your dad's death is coming up in a few days" she replied.

I'm not surprised she knew about what occurred between Anya and myself. Word travels fast amongst Gods, plus Anya is really loud. Zeus probably heard her all the way in Olympus.

"They both sound like really exciting topics, but how about neither" I suggested.

"You know, the day I met you at the hospital, on the day your dad died, I knew you were something special" she replied, ignoring my suggestion.

"You mean when you introduce yourself as Mrs. Jackson and became my social worker. Then two months later, it turns out you're really Aphrodite and knew who I was the whole time. No, I don't recall" I replied, returning my eyes to the ceiling.