Gemelle

I sat in the car for what felt like forever, constantly staring at Adam's home while guzzling my second bottle of moonshine. What was I supposed to do when I get there?

"Whatever I tell you to do, my dear." L replied, invading my thoughts, yet again.

"With all due disrespect, why the hell are you offering myself to Adam? Why not Orlando Bloom?"

"Because Orlando Bloom doesn't have what I want, Gemelle."

"Let me guess, Adam does."

"Smart girl." L replied, "Adam has a key with the number 882 on it. Your task is to retrieve the key."

"How am I going to do that?" I asked, taking another swig of alcohol to calm my nerves.

"I've seen what's under that little coat of yours, Gemelle." L mused, "Get it done, or else Adam won't be the only one seeing red." I felt my head clear up, indicating that L was gone.

Disgusted, I tightened the belt of my trench coat and took another look at my appearance in the rearview mirror. I found it hard to believe that I would be able to seduce a guy like Adam into giving me a key. I took out my ponytail and tousled my hair, hoping to achieve the 'sex appeal' that I was apparently pulling from my rear. Placing two mints in my mouth, I left the car and entered Adam's domain where his friend had opened the door.

"Hey, I'm Nate" The friend said, "Or should I say hello again." He smiled.

"Hi Nate, I'm Gemelle." I replied, "Yeah, I remember you from the party."

Nate's eyebrows raised and he produced a tight-lipped grin. "Yeah, I remember. Haha."

We both laughed awkwardly for a moment.

"Well, come in." Nate said, opening his front door wider. "I'll show you to Adam's room."

I took a deep breath before I knocked on his bedroom door. The door slowly opened as Adam appeared in front of me, eyes gleaming. Either he was much more handsome than I remembered, or it could be the alcohol finally making its way through my body. Either way, I needed to sit down and figure out how to get that key.

"Well?" I raised my eyebrow, "Aren't you going to let me in?"

He sheepishly stood to the side, gesturing me into his room. I bee-lined to the nearest seating that wasn't his bed, which was his ottoman. I glanced around his bedroom as it looked plain and not of a young bachelor. I was almost impressed at the simplicity of his room until I saw a golden Magnum package sitting on the top of his bedside table, repulsing me.

"So, what can I do for you, Blue Eyes?" I heard Adam ask, cringing at the little nickname he had given me.

"It's Gemelle." I said through my teeth, "and like I said earlier, I just wanted to get to know you better." He looked a bit skeptical as he leaned against the door of his room, his eyes scanning me from top to bottom.

"I really didn't give you a fair chance at the party and I would like to apologize for that." I continued, this time noticing that he was walking over to me. His scent invaded my nostrils as he shortened the distance between us.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked, this time towering over me. I bit my lip as I looked up at him, our eyes locking for a moment.

"I am here, aren't I?" I heard myself say, followed by a light chuckle on his end. I felt a light tug on the belt of my coat, as I watched him lean into me. I caught a glimpse of his neck and saw two holes- bite marks. I grabbed his wrists, stopping him from undoing my belt and inspected his neck once more.