The smell of dead animal blood filled my nostrils and I inspected the dead moose in front of me. I wasn't grossed out, but annoyed. It wasn't supposed to die this time. I wiped my mouth and checked the time, it was 4:30 a.m., and I should be getting ready for school. I know my twin would blow my cover if she knew I was out hunting again. I can just hear mother's voice in my head. "But why Mel? We have so much blood at home. No need to hunt and put yourself at risk, especially unsupervised." I ran home and got in through my bedroom windows. I quickly changed from my blue silk pajamas into my school uniform which consisted of a black pleated skirt and a champagne button-down blouse. I brushed my curly hair into a ponytail, making sure not a single red strand was out of place. I cleaned out my nails and brushed my teeth for any dirt or evidence that might let my sister Jemini or my mother suspect that I was out. I cleared my mind so Jemini couldn't read it and get me grounded yet again.

I casually walked out my room listening to music on my phone, gliding past Jemini who spotted me and glared into my eyes. She was trying to search my mind for anything, because she figured that I was doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing. I grinned at her and kept walking.

   "I know what you did last night." She said in her mind. I turned and looked at her smiling.

    "Oh really, can you tell me what?" I replied out loud. She neither said nor thought anything and I started walking again. Little fire sparks appeared on the ground in front of me. She was trying to use her power against me. She can alter minds in a way that her prey will see fire, thus frightening or hypnotizing them. I do the same, but with water, making my prey think that they are drowning or that it's raining or flooding.

   "Did you forget that I'm your sister and your abilities can't work on me." I said in thought,
because if mother heard that we were using our abilities outside of school, we would be in trouble. I walked downstairs and sat down in the kitchen. A cup of animal blood was sitting in front of me, normally I would drink it, but I was full.

    "Full of what?" Jemini asked out loud with a smirk. She sipped her blood with a straw. Mother looked at me with concern.

"You're full Gemelle? Why?" She asked. I shot Jemini a glare and she blew me a kiss.

    "I snuck a little bit of blood earlier this morning." I lied, looking guilty. "Sorry."   

Mother sighed and poured my cup into a travel mug with my name on it, "How comes?"

    "Because, a lot of things are on my mind." I said and painted a mental picture of my gym teacher and our upcoming fitness test, just to shut Jemini up. She rolled her eyes and took another sip of animal blood. I grinned at her. Mother gave me a sympathetic nod. I couldn't wait to leave so I could let my mind run freely. I grabbed my blue Chanel backpack and shoved the tumbler containing my animal blood inside.

"I'm walking to school, see you soon." I told my mom. She waved to me and I left.

I did walk, like how I did when I was a human. I stared into the sky to see how much time I had to get to school before the sun officially rose. The sky was still dark with a yellow hue, like the sun was on its way but not there yet. I did not have enough time to stroll but I had enough time to clear my mind.

I do miss being human sometimes, I was able to go outside whenever I wanted to without some stupid ring telling me not to.

When they portray vampires in television and movies, they make it seem like they are free creatures of the night and that they have no responsibilities besides staying alive and out of the sun. That's only half of it. So far all I have been doing is going to school and coming back home before any other humans can see me. Yeah, we can go out and have fun but it's not all that great when there's so many limitations such as making sure that you always have animal blood on hand just in case we get stranded or thirsty because unfortunately it's not sold at the nearest Starbucks. Speaking of, I'd kill to be able to enjoy a Vanilla Bean Frap, like literally kill. Ok, not literally.