The Great Hall

Harry sat down on the long tables, already regretting coming back at all. Stares shrouded him, saved by a mountain food arriving at the table. 

"Ay, 'arry," Ron said, food stuffed with potatoes. "Malfoy is staring right at you." Harry didn't turn around, but Mango twisted round to stare at the boy. 

"He's looking, but I can't tell if he's curious or annoyed." Mango whispered in his ear, before slinking down towards the tattoo, disappearing. Ron shivered, Harry guessed he still wasn't used to the whole snake thing. 

Draco was staring. Like full on lasering the back of Harry, trying, and failing to get his attention. "Sooooooo..." Pansy slided across the bench to him. "Ready to admit your undying love to him yet?" Her hand was draped across her forehead, and she was slowly slinking down to Draco's shoulder.

He pushed her off. "I have no idea what  you are talking about." 

"Ah, so we're not talking about how you utterly adore that nobody and have been obsessed since first year, only now you find out he's your one true love, and was physically made  for you, you decide to ignore his existence. Yes. Okay."

"I have not been pining after him for that long."

"AH HA! You admit you have been pining after him then."

"No, no, I did not say that!" 

"Quiet please!" Echoed around the hall, heads turning to see its source. "Thank you. Now, before I send you away to your dorms, there are a few announcements to be made." Professor McGonagal said. 

"We have a new defence against the dark arts teacher, Professor Lupin, and welcome back the old seventh year students, the year 8's." she paused before saying, "That is all, thank you."

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy with homework. Sorry for the sh*tty chapters, I've had to rush them. Hope y'all are having a great day! -Jack  

Words: 323