The Mystery

Requested by: @ladyaltheaaa and @bakustopthat

(No Quirks)

What was it about his crush that always bothered him? Or more like made him suspicious of her? Like whenever she would run away out of sight when any type of liquid reached her.

One time, Sero accidentally bumped into her, causing him to spill his energy drink over her uniform shirt.

Immediately, she sprinted off, leaving Sero incredibly confused, and Todoroki even more suspicious of her.

So, Todoroki decided to find out the truth for himself. As it would finally explain her odd actions.

He created a plan to walk into her by accident, carrying a small bottle of water with him, uncapped. When she would run away, he would follow her.

It's fool proof. He thought to himself.

That very afternoon, while everyone was on their way to the cafeteria for lunch, Todoroki pulled out his bottle from his bag and took off the cap.

He spotted Y/N in the crowd, looking down at her phone. Pretending to not look, he crashed into her, making sure some of the water spilled onto her.

Before he could say anything, she was running away like zombies were chasing her. Capping the water and putting it away, he followed her around a corner and saw her disappear into a empty classroom.

She shut the door behind her, and Todoroki stopped running and halted at the door.

He put his ear to the door and heard a flopping noise inside. Confused he continued to listen to her.

"Ugh, why am I the only one who always gets crashed into?! Seriously?!" Then Todoroki heard another flop.

"I better get rid of this tail before someone comes in here. Sometimes being a mermaid sucks." Y/N grumbled.

Todoroki gasped and pulled away from the door. This girl is a mermaid?! Wow, that caught him off guard.

Should I go inside? Or no?

Yes? No? Yes? No?

Making a decision to go inside, Todoroki mentally prepared himself. I hope this okay.

Grasping the handle and sliding it open, he saw a shocked Y/N on the floor, with a orange tail and matching bikini top.

She froze and he froze. Y/N was hovering her hand over her tail, and what seemed to be drying it. He blushed and looked away for a second.

"Uh, I can explain!"

"So my suspicions were correct. There was something going on about you. Your secretive aren't you?" He had the nerve to say.

"You knew I was a mermaid?"

"No, I just thought you were hiding something. And you are."

"Please don't tell anyone. I'll do anything."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Okay. Then I want you to tell me everything. And don't leave out a single detail or else. I'm actually quite curious about you."

"Alright. Just let me finish up and I'll explain."

❤️A Few Minutes Later❤️

Y/N sat down at a table for two in the cafeteria. Todoroki took the other seat across from her.

"Well?"

"Okay so, you know Mako island out there right?"

"Yes, I've gone there a few times with my siblings."

"I'm the mermaid queen of the island there. And well, I rule over my fellow mermaids there. There is a pod there I watch over."

"A pod? What's that?"

"A group of mermaids. They stick together like a family. And I am their leader. Well because I was born into the royal family. I literally can't believe I'm spilling my life story to you right now. Your only my classmate."

Ouch. Classmate only?

"You got no choice. Anyway, your story is sounds interesting. By the way, I uh wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah what is it?"

"Can we be friends? You seemed like one of the only nice people in the class, and you seem like friend material."

"Really? Thank you I guess. And sure, we can be friends."

Todoroki hid his blush. "I'm glad you accept me."

So pretty much after that, Y/N's secret was out of the bag, well only one human knew.

Todoroki wanted to get to know more about Y/N's mermaid culture. He asked if he could meet her pod, but she said that they might not accept him because he is human.

One time she brought him to see the moon pool. He liked it, and thought it was really neat, and wanted to go see it again some time soon.

Oh and yes, he eventually confessed his feelings, in the most romantic way possible, standing next to the shore with a good view of Mako Island.

She returned his feelings, and even asked him if he found her a freak, because she was a mermaid and no one else at school was.

But no, instead he gave her a kiss on the forehead and assured her that there was nothing to be ashamed of, and that her abilities made her special.

This gave her some new self confidence and esteem, also making her feel better about herself.

It was because of her mystery that they were brought together.