Last Day Match

Kenma takes a seat on the bench after the match between Nekoma and Fukurōdani finishes. He wipes his face with a towel, handed to him by their manager, Kaori. "Thank you.." he says, she nods and walks off to hand the other players towels and water bottles. He lays the towel on his lap and watches Karasuno and Fukurōdani play each other, since Nekoma played their last game with Karasuno yesterday, today Nekoma only had to play one match with Fukurōdani. Kenma certainly enjoys the time to relax after a game instead getting pulled out to do more stretching and tossing with his teammates. Kenma closes his eyes and takes a few breaths, taking a break from Kuroo has really let him think, he realized that it was childish to believe something an eight year old said.

Kenma feels someone's presence in front of him and he nods his head in that directions, peeking from under his eyelids, "Mmm..."

Yaku speaks up, "Hey Kenma, can we talk?" He asks, he seems annoyed, he was probably a victim of the drama he made with Kuroo.

Kenma stands up and nods. He follows Yaku out of the gym and a bit aways so no one is in earshot of them. Yaku stops and sighs, "Listen, whatever happened between you and Kuroo, I'm begging you to fix, he won't stop annoying us about it, but since none of us are really close enough with you to actually know anything, we can't really help him." He pleads to Kenma.

Kenma sighs and speaks slowly, "Yeah.. you're right.. it's all my fault anyways. I'm not in the right for pushing this all on him."

Yaku places a hand on Kenma's shoulder, "Just make sure to talk to him before he loses his head." He laughs and then walks off.

Kenma crouches down into his knees, he places his hands on the top of his head. "I hate when people are right about my own problems.." he lets out a loud groan. "But he's right.." Kenma pulls his head down deeper into his knees. "I just need to face him, I just need to talk to him. The same thing I've been doing for years.. but why is it so hard now?" Kenma chokes on tears that burn in the back of his throat. He knows why it's harder, but he can't bring himself to admit it.

Kenma takes a few more deep breaths before standing up. He wipes any evidence of crying off his face and starts to walk slowly back to the gym, when he enters the large building it's the middle of the practice match. Kenma spots Hinata run up and spike the ball over the net. It gets received and Hinata frowns and makes a noise of disappointment. Kenma smiles a little at his attempt and leans on the doorway, watching the game. He feels a pressure on him and turns his head, Kuroo's eyes widen with surprise that he got caught staring.

Kenma sighs and lifts his arms in Kuroo's direction. Kuroo looks back at Kenma and tilts his head. The setter rolls his eyes and gestures Kuroo to come over to him. The Nekoma captain smiles brightly and jogs over to him. "You finally wanna talk?" He asks sympathetically, but Kenma can tell he's actually relieved and excited.

Kenma nods and looks at the floor. "Yeah.. I do.." he answers. "Can we go outside..?"

Kuroo nods, he follows Kenma out of the gym and a little ways away where him and Yaku spoke. Kenma sits down on the grass and rests his forehead on his knees. Kuroo sits down beside him. "I'm sorry.." The dyed blonde apologized.

"What are you apologizing for?" Kuroo asks, he places a hand on Kenma's shoe, just to give a little sign of "I'm here for you".

Kenma smiles a little at Kuroo's hand and then speaks up a little louder so he's more audible, "I'm sorry for ignoring you, and kicking you last night.."

Kuroo gives a small chuckle, "Can you tell me why you kicked me and ignored me? If it was that bad I'll make it up to you, do whatever you want. I promise." Hearing the words "I promise" from Kuroo made Kenma tear up, he sniffles and tries to swallow it back. "Kenma?! Are you okay?" Kuroo exclaims.

Kenma shakes his hand at Kuroo, "No no I'm fine! Just.." he sniffles again and tucks his head further into his knees.

Kuroo wraps an arm around Kenma, "Can you please tell me what's wrong I wanna know what I did wrong. Then maybe I can avoid doing something like it in the future." He rubs his small friends back.

"No you're gonna make fun of me, I-I'm just being dramatic.. it's so petty." Kenma lets a few tears stream down his cheeks.

Kuroo frowns at Kenma and shakes his head again, "Kenma, I promise I won't make fun of you. God.. I must be a real jerk for forgetting that I did something so bad-" he gets cut off by Kenma.

"No! Stop making promises, and It's not that you did something bad, it's that you forgot what you did!" Kenma says, he raises his voice at Kuroo, and he hadn't intended to.

Kuroo stares at Kenma in a daze that he rose his voice, he wasn't even raging over a game. "Kenma.. I'm sorry.. but you're gonna need to give me context.." he whispers.

Kenma stands up and looks at Kuroo with a furrows brow, "Maybe I shouldn't have done this, I can't right now." Kenma wipes his cheeks with his sleeves.

Kuroo stands up too, "Kenma? What are you talking abo...ut" Kenma walks off before he can finish. Kuroo sighs and runs his hands through his hair. He turns his head to look at the gym door, a few Nekoma teammates jump since they got caught staring and they head back in the gym.

He sits back down and sighs. "You're so confusing!" He says out of anger.