Present Day

Kenma walks outside of the gym, it's a training camp this week, and everyone is as loud as ever. Nekoma is  joined by Karasuno and Fukurōdani.

He sits on the grass and lays back, sweating from the hard practice match they just had. He enjoys the small breeze that brushes the cool grass up against him, he rubs his eyes and closes them so he isn't staring at the sun.

"Kenma?" A familiar voice says from in front of him.

Kenma slowly opens his eyes, lets them adjust to the bright light again, and sits up. "Oh hey Shoyo." The dyed blonde says with a monotone yet tired voice. His eyes stew at the grass, moving a little in the breeze.

"What are you doing out here?" Hinata asks, he tilts his head as he sits beside the setter. He brings his knees to his cheek and rests his chin on his knees.

Kenma shrugs, "I don't know, resting I guess." He responds.

The orange haired boy looks with a raised eyebrow at Kenma, "Why aren't you with Kuroo?"

Kenma sighs and respond again, "Bokuto said Kuro practicing with him and Tsukishima. Apparently they're going to work on blocks."

Hinata frowns, "Oh I didn't see Kuroo, maybe he stopped, but You should come practice with me!" He exclaimed with excitement.

Kenma goes silent for a second, Bokuto said they were? Did Kuroo not join them? Kenm turns his head to face Hinata, "Do you ever get tired? It's exhausting trying to keep up with all you volleyball fanatics." The dyed haired boy sighs, while the orange haired boy laughs.

"I find it funny that you always say you don't particularly enjoy it, but on the court you're all WHOOSH and GWAH trying to figure out plays." Hinata states, exaggerating his words with large arm motions.

Kenma rolls his eyes and stands up, Hinata looks up in question, "I thought you wanted to practice? Did you change your mind?"

Hinata jumps up and pumps his fist into the air, "Oh no I didn't! Let's go! There's a great place just behind the gym I saw!" Hinata starts to jog towards the gym, "I'll grab the ball and meet you there?" He suggests.

Kenma nods, "Okay, I'll do that... although I don't understand why we can't just practice inside the gym.." He goes quiet when he says the last part and begins to walk behind the building while the bundle of pure energy hops into the gym to grab a volleyball.

Kenma lazily walks around the corner of the gym, when he does, he sees what's displayed before him and his shoulders jump up in shock, he quickly takes a step back behind the corner.

"What the absolute hell was that." Kenma thinks to himself. He turns his head both ways to make sure no one is around and then pokes his head out from the corner to check again.

No, it's still there. Kuroo and Yachi together, sitting with their backs to the wall, doing some lovey dovey stuff.

Kenma leans back and stares at the floor, his body feels stiff. Kenma starts to walk the other way, he takes a deep breath to try and shake it off. He bumps into the energy orange, "Kenma? Are you okay? Did you not see the spot?" Hinata asks curious, "It's just around the corner." He goes to walk past Kenma, but the dyed blonde grabs his jacket. "Kenma?" Hinata turns his head.

Kenma gives a face of disgust to the corner of the building, "Let's go to this side. Someone already took that spot." He releases Hinata's jacket.

Hinata frowns, "Aw man! It was in the shade too!" He turns around and walks the opposites direction.

Kenma stays frozen for a few seconds afterwards, staring at the corner, letting what he saw process into his brain. It imprinted itself onto his eyelids, it's all he could see when he closed his eyes. Kenma follows after Hinata and goes through with practicing his sets, which also helps Hinata with spiking. They also went through some receives, as Hinata said he wanted to improve in that area so Kageyama couldn't nag at him anymore.