"Are you gonna come back?"

This whole chapter is a flashback. Let's say... a few months prior

"Mommy! Look at what I got for you!" The little girl announced as she dashed into the room squeezing her left hand as she held something tightly in it.

"Honey, I've told you not to run so you won't fall" Her mom scolded before letting out a soft sigh.

It's no use. I can't stay mad at you.

"I got you these" she smiled at her mother dropping her hand's content onto the edge of the bed looking back up at her mother in anticipation.

"Oh dear~ my baby got all this for me?" She laughed picking her daughter up, dropping her into her lap.

"let's see... some grass, a stick, a pretty flower and Oh! A beetle" she laughed poking her daughter's nose at the last statement

"I like beetles"

"I know you do."

It was a brief moment of comfortable silence. Y/n knew not to be too noisy around her mom.

'Mommy's sick'

'I'll stay quiet so she gets better'

She rested her head on her mother's chest listening to the sound of her heartbeat. It wasn't exactly a fast pace then again- how would a four year old have known.

"Y/n-ie you know mommy loves you so much" She started, rubbing circles on her toddlers back making her eyelids grow heavier

"Yeah....I love you this~ much" she mumbled groggily stretching her little arms as wide as she could.

"How was it outside?"

"..."

"Did anything happen?"

"...no"

3....

2...

1..

"Taka-Chan said I don't have a daddy"

"Y/n, we talked about this. You do have one"

"Why doesn't he wanna play with us?"

"Your dad is really busy~ so he said I should take care of you" her lips pulled up into a forced smile.

'Keishin didn't know I was pregnant. I was my choice to leave. I'm doing the right thing'