Chapter 22: "Welcome to the love shack"

Friday October 8th, 2010
David's POV:

"Another party? I'm down."

Mission accomplished. Get Blaine to agree to something and everyone else follows suit. It's tradition to host a Warblers sleepover the evening prior to sectionals. I know what you're thinking. Boys, alcohol, and a competition the next day do not mix well together. And you'd be one hundred percent correct. Yet we somehow manage to pull through, so take that pessimists.

The judges are rarely sober enough to tell that we're not exactly seeing straight either. And so what? It raises our spirits, gives us confidence, and a little troublemaking never hurt. There's only one rule.

What happens at the party, stays at the party.

"So now we're throwing a mega blowout celebration in our dorm and you overlooked warning me!?" Wes scolded, putting away my dirty laundry and locking up his valuables.

Knew I forgot something.

"C'mon Wes, let loose every once in a while. We'll all go to bed....at some point between two and four in the morning. I told the guys to bring their uniforms so we can get ready as soon as we wake up. Besides, Kurt's guaranteed to bring every hangover and headache remedy known to mankind. I have this under control."

Those were some famous last words of mine.

"Get off you asshole he's mine!"

"Well maybe if you didn't treat people like shit he would be!"

"Someone bit me!"

"Guys, I think I saw a person fall out the window."

Yep. Very famous last words.

———————————————————————

It started off totally fine, depending on your definition of fine. Drinks were immediately distributed and a heavy beat pumped through the walls. Wes and I may or may not have bribed the boys on our floor not to say a word to administration. We're already on thin ice with them after the zoo incident of 2009.

"Right guys, time for Blainey Days to drop some knowledge on ya!" How the hell did the dwarf get on top of the fridge?

"Tomorrow we go against one of the best choirs in the state, and then some old hags I know nothing 'bout. Fear not, for your fearless leader has been following the moon cycle and it's in our favor. Anyways, enjoy yourselves! Best party evah woooooh!"

Blaine ungraciously hopped down the cabinets shouting "truth or dare, truth or dare" until the whole room was chanting. Even I had to admit that it was a blast being reckless and obnoxious.

We took our places on the couches waiting for the first questions and challenges. Wes sat diagonal to me, disgusted by crumbs on the rug. You'd think living with me would get him used to it.

"Let's go in a circle cause I don't remember half of your names right now." Blaine announced over the chatter, kneeling down with his hard cider. "Nick, you're first. Truth or dare?"

Nick debated his choices, obviously realizing that neither would be easy if Blaine was the one prompting them. "Well, uh dare I guess."

Blaine tapped his chin even though he knew exactly what to say.

"I dare you to have seven minutes in heaven with Jeff. And we won't continue the game 'till you're done."

Well that escalated quickly.

Nick's jaw dropped to the ground and Jeff tensed next to him. They were less worried about making out then having to do it around their closest friends. But you never want to be the first to chicken out so they begrudgingly stood up and took to the closet. How ironic.

Unfortunately for us, they seemed to find their courage if the loud moans were anything over our low murmuring.

They joined us seven slow minutes later, hands intertwined and blushes down to their necks. Nick cleared his throat awkwardly, shifting in his spot on the loveseat.

"If we're done exploiting my relationship can we carry on?" He whined. Blaine nodded, amusingly taking a chug of his drink.

"Ugh you're so boring Duval. Whatever, it's Sebbie's turn anyways."

Sebastian purses his lips dropping his gaze to the floor. "Judging by what just happened I'll go with truth." His faint whisper was barely audible to anyone but Nick beside him.

"What went on in France that made you move?"

The lanky boy stiffened, clearly surprised by such a personal question. He locked eyes with Kurt, looking for some reassurance. The other boy nodded, encouraging him to speak what was on his mind.

"I don't want to bore you with the details. Long story short I had interest in my neighbor, my father caught us kissing in my room, and he sent me here the next day. I've gotten over it and I'm glad that I can leave it in the past." His voice wavered and took a breath to steady himself.

What he didn't expect was somebody enveloping him in a side embrace, patting his shoulder. He melted into the contact silently sniffling into Hunter's chest.

He made an attempt to keep his composure, wiping his dewy eyes and brushing off his jacket. "Please somebody else just go." He hushed.

"I'll take truth if that's alright" Hunter said pulling apart from Sebastian. The distressed boy nodded and responded with a quick, "What's a secret about yourself."

The vagueness of the prompt seemed to stump Hunter. How many secrets does he have? He eventually settled on an answer, definitely not one he was keen on sharing.

"I'm dyslexic."

If the silence wasn't already deafening than it sure was now. How do you respond to something of that nature? Hunter however looked liberated after his confession.

Sebastian on the other hand turned to him, startled. "Wait, r-really?"

"Well yeah." He started rubbing the back of his neck. "After my French test fail and our tutoring session my mom got worried with my grades. She took me to a specialized learning center. They had me take a weird exam that said I was struggling because I had an undiagnosed case of severe dyslexia. Ever since than I've gone to appointments twice a week to work on my reading. And I don't think I would have known if you hadn't helped me, Sebastian. So I have you to thank."

The two hugged again, briefer than the previous one. Hunter sipped his beverage before finding out that it was his turn to ask. He smirked at me, eager to change the conversation. "David. Truth or..."

"Dare. This game needs less talk and more walk." The sudden cockiness was a combination of numerous beers and my normal snarky attitude.

"Alright Mr. Entitlement. I dare you to go to the formal with Wes."

Note to self, keep your big mouth shut next time.

Hey guys! Guess who's back and better than ever? I really needed those two weeks to clear my mind and take a brain break. I'd like to than you all for your kind wishes and encouragement. I wouldn't be able to sit down and post every week if it weren't for you guys. I'd like to give a special thanks to _idkeither_ for helping me come up with this chapter. I had so many ideas so it will be a two parter. And don't worry, I'm posting the second part today cause I'm not that cruel. Have a great morning, evening, or night. You are inspiring!
Your fellow gleek,
- Lindsay 💕