𝟎𝟗

Xavi walked inside the hotel that was crowded with people

Xavi walked inside the hotel that was crowded with people. She stood beside her brother as they walked to the bar that was placed in the center.

They knew right there, they could get a good look of everyone, even their target. Once they had made it to the bar, Miles ordered them glasses of Champagne as Xavi looked around for guards that seemed to be everywhere.

"Two guards beside the stage, 3 spreaded out upon the rails upstairs and one by the elevator." Xavi said taking the glass of Champagne from her brother, taking a small sip from the glass due to her not being a big fan of the drink.

"Ight. I'll handle the guards. Get a clean shot on Rick." Miles said as he sat the glass down and walked away, leaving Xavi to handle the big thing they had came to do.

Xavi watched Miles take down two guards from upstairs since one had walked away. She walked up the escalator, standing over the rail, watching Rick step onto the stage.

He tapped the microphone a couple times before laughing. Xavi pulled out her gun, holding it down to where it wasn't visible to people walking by.

She twisted on the suppressor before she made eye contact with a guard. He sensed Xavi was up to something before he started walking towards her. He was across the room and to not cause a scene, it would take him a while to get to her.

Xavi looked the other way seeing it clear and a way out but she wasn't gonna take it, not without her brother.

Xavi raised her gun and before Rick could even speak, his body went limp before he made a loud thud. Everyone screamed as they scattered. Xavi pulled up her dress a little so she could get out of her heels. She was now barefooted and running down the escalator right when the guard almost had her.

He chased her down the escalator before she turned around, shooting him in the shoulder. She spotted Miles on top of a guard, choking him lifeless before he stood up, dusting himself off.

"This nigga fucked up my suit." Miles said pointing to a tear in the collar.

Gunshots had rang out and the two crouched down before they scurried out the hotel. They ran across the street, getting inside the van. Miles started the ignition, put the car in drive and pulled off.

As they drove off, bullets hit the van making them duck. Once they seen that everything was clear, they both let out a breath that they didn't even know they were holding.  They looked at each other before laughing and doing their handshake as they made their way to their parents warehouse.

-  -  -  -

Xavi got out the van and Miles threw her the keys and she caught them. They walked inside and Xavi hung them up with the rest of the keys to the vehicles.

"Let me use the bathroom and then I'll drop you off back at home." Miles said and Xavi nodded, pulling out her phone to call Lucky and check up on her.

When Lucky didn't answer, Xavi frowned but she didn't wanna worry herself. She tried calling again until she was interrupted.

"Damn. Long time no see." She heard causing her to look up and meet eyes with Dave. She wanted to be rude but she thought otherwise.

"Yeah you can say that. Ian been gone that long." Xavi shrugged and Dave nodded. He was gonna keep the conversation short because he knew Jay was around watching and would clown him about liking Xavi, when that wasn't the case. He just thought that she was cool people.

"Well I'll holla at you later." He said and in the mist of him walking away, Xavi heard a throat clear from behind her. She rolled her eyes, already knowing who it was.

She turned around to see her mother there leaning on the door frame with a small smile and her arms crossed.

"Hello Xavi. You can't speak?" Shantel asked and Xavi chuckled. She hadn't seen her mom since the party and that was a month ago.

She'd been staying real distant and Miles was the one who told her to do so. Miles didn't want Xavi around their mother because shit always went left.

The whole month Xavi was gone, Miles would go to the family meetings and Xavi were who they always discussed. Miles was becoming fed up with his families bullshit and was ready to start working on his own.

"Didn't know you were here. Maybe because I wasn't looking for you." Xavi said before turning on her heels, making her back turn towards her mother.

"So we're being disrespectful?" Shantel asked causing Xavi to groan.

"You with the word disrespectful. You should not let that word slip off your tongue." Xavi laughed. Miles hurry yo ass up, please.

"Come on. Let me talk to you." Shantel said walking inside her office and Xavi hesitated but did so anyway. She then cursed herself out because she regretted the decision but I'm here now.

"I just want to talk. I don't wanna argue." Shantel spoke, directing Xavi to sit down in a chair.

Xavi sat down, resting her head on her hand.

"I've been thinking a lot lately since you've been gone. Your father thinks the family is gonna break apart and he wants me to fix it since he thinks I messed it up." She said and Xavi laughed to herself.

Xavi's father wasn't all that bad, he just never spoke for himself. Her mom was always there to speak for him and he would let her. Shantel got too carried away and not only was Shane realizing that the family was falling apart but Shantel was too.

"I want you too know that I'm sorry for everything. I really am." Shantel spoke as tears filled the brim of her eyes. Look who's crying now.

"I really am Xavi and you have to believe me. I know I haven't been a good mother and I'm sorry for that." Shantel said as she walked around her desk, getting on her knees and begging Xavi to forgive her for all the things she had done.

Xavi didn't like seeing her mother cry but she was glad that her mother was finally seeing the pain she was going through.

"Get up ma." Xavi said as she tried helping her mother up but she just continued to sob into Xavi's lap.

"Come on." Xavi said as she stood up, trying to get her mother up again and this time it was a success.

Shantel pulled Xavi in for a hug and Xavi had honestly felt loved but that didn't mean Xavi was gonna forget but she was gonna forgive.

"I love you Xavi." Shantel said and Xavi felt her heart skip a beat. She had never heard her mom tell her that she loved her. In fact, this was probably the first time.

"I love you too ma." Xavi said with a small smile. Xavi was a very forgiving person and sometimes, she just wanted people to own up to the shit they have done.