Chapter 18 - Fire Alarm

Wednesday 18th May (2016)
Excited, scared, so fucking happy. Yeah i'm guilty of all them. I guess Michael and I were in some sort of secret thing now, and I was loving it to be honest. It was another student tuition session and the butterflies were already there.

I walked in with a strut, staring right at him as he gave me a smile before organising the work. A flirty smile may I add, I knew what he was thinking.

As the lesson went on, I sat with the Year 7s and helped them through maths, every now and then feeling a pair of eyes on me. Everytime I did, I turned round to see him, staring before smiling. I smiled back and he laughed before moving on to the next table.

"Taylor can you do the register please." He instructed.

As I got up from my chair and made me way to the paper register, there was a note on it, 'stay behind after. you look nice today - M x'.

Soon after, he had an idea of a maths activity that involved throwing a ball to a person if they got the answer right - or something to that effect. Mick came in with the bag of equipment and said,

"Okay so I can't find the soft ball so we might have to use the hard one." As he winked at me. Too far for my liking, I thought he didn't want to get caught yet he's doing this.

I was sat with my student as he came over and suddenly just threw the ball at my knee really hard, I shouted in pain as he asked me if it hurt. I replied with no but he said,

"Okay good, we can use them ones then". I soon realised that he tested it out on me! So I stood up and glared at him

"Ermmm... did you actually just test that out on me?" I questioned his actions.

He looked at me and did the cutest smile and laugh, and I obviously can't say no to that, so I giggled quietly with him.
—————————————————
The end of the session arrived, and through the whole thing you could literally cut the tension with a blunt knife, the sexual tension.

As the students packed away and left his classroom, I found excused to stay. Clearing up or sharpening pencils whatever.

The door was shut as he turned back to face me again. He came closer and put his hand on my arm.

"I don't think you should do the student tuition anymore." He said with a flirtatious tone.

"How come?" I questioned his decision.

"Because..." He replied.

"Because isn't a reason Mick." I interrupted his explanation, still with a flirtatious tone.

"Because I don't trust us Taylor, how's that for a reason huh?" He slowed his speech so I could hear exactly what he was saying.

"Well, I don't trust us either..." I said, letting him linger onto my every word.

"Now that's exactly the type of chat that got us into this mess..." He said the same way as before.

"Alright Michael, if you don't want me just tell me, I'm not gonna hold it against you there's plenty more fish in the sea." I said trying to guilt trip him into confessing again.

"What, like Ryan?" He admitted his jealousy.

"No, not Ryan. I want you Mick." I told him straight.

"Philippa, I..." He started before he put his hands on my waist and pushed me towards the store cupboard in his classroom.

Crashing his lips against mine, I felt my body pressed up against the door. As he hands roamed my body, deepening the kiss, a bell went off. The bloody fire alarm.

"Shit..." He pulled away and looked shocked before guilt covered his face.

"Right, you go first I'll leave in a minute. It has to be a practice, surely." I calmed him down and he walked out, I knew this was big for him and I didn't want him to panic or overthink.

After I leave his classroom, i'm met with a hectic crowd of students running towards the school field, screaming with adrenaline. Reaching the field, I see Mick lined up with his form group 7MIC, as I walk past him he gives me a genuine smile and reassures me it's just a practice. Standing with my form, I keep catching his eyes and smiling at him. Then as were dismissed and sent to our lesson, i'm let out before him and as I walk past, he winks and mouths 'wow' as he nods his head in approval of me. Now that behaviour is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Quickly after his form got dismissed, it's almost like he made it his mission to catch back up to me as he some how tapped my shoulder two minutes after I walked away.

"Umm Miss Taylor can you come with me to my room, I need to speak over some work with you... It's important." He said very professionally, clearly acting so nobody sees or suspects anything.

I followed behind him in silence, again acting as though I didn't actually want to follow. Soon enough I saw that familiar staircase and found myself wandering into his classroom, well not so much wandering more gazing at his back whilst wondering what he wanted to say. As we both stepped into the classroom, he turned round and walked behind me, closing the door. Soon after, he stared down at me with an empathetic look.

"A-are you okay, Philippa?" He asked nervously, in between stuttering.

"Calm down Carter, it was only a fire alarm practice, obviously i'm okay." I said laughing at his question, but confused as to why he would ask something so weird.

"No not the fire alarm. You know what I'm asking. How are you feeling about the thing before the fire alarm? - god I can't even say it." He asked again, explaining it. Clearly he was feeling nervous.

"Yea-yeah I'm okay... Are-are you okay?" I faced my head down at the floor anxiously whilst flickering my eyes between him and the floor.

"Scared shitless... to be quite honest. You're something else Philippa Taylor. You're like, you're like a grenade that's about to go off." He said before laughing at his 'what he thought' clever simile.

"I don't even know if that's a good thing... but thanks - I think." I replied confused. After an awkward silence I sighed as a signal that I should probably leave for break. Before I turned around to walk out the door, he coughed. This was clearly his signal to make me stay.

"Erm, Taylor, I need to see you somewhere that's not at school. My girlfriend has a meeting for a couple hours later on, and I can ask my Mum to look after Luke if you want to come over?" He asked nervous of my response or if it was too soon.

"Yeah. Yeah sure, I need to see you somewhere you're not referred to as Mr Carter. It makes you sound too professional..." I spoke slowly implying that what he's doing isn't even close to professional.

"I'll order you a taxi to my place at 5 on Monday. What's your address." He anxiously looked around with paranoia making sure nobody heard what he was saying.

"32 Green Hill Road. It's like 10 minutes from school. Listen, I need to go to break otherwise the girls will be asking... how much will it cost?" I said in a rush so the girls don't ask questions.

"Yes, yeah go Taylor, I'll make sure I see you again before the weekend. Oh and I'll pay, I am the one earning money after all. I'll see you soon."

"I'll speak to you about it some other time Mick, I really gotta go. I want to see you sometime this week though. Bye." I rushed out the door and down the stairs to the canteen with one minute to spare. I'm pretty good at the whole sneaking round thing huh?