Chapter 19 - First Meeting

"Erm, Taylor, I need to see you somewhere that's not at school. My girlfriend has a meeting for a couple hours later on if you want to come over?" He asked nervous of my response or if it was too soon.

"Yeah. Yeah sure, I need to see you somewhere you're not referred to as Mr Carter. It makes you sound too professional..." I spoke slowly implying that what he's doing isn't even close to professional.

"I'll order you a taxi to my place at 5 on Monday. What's you're address." He anxiously looked around with paranoia making sure nobody heard what he was saying.

"32 Green Hill Road. It's like 10 minutes from school. Listen I need to go to break otherwise the girls will be asking... how much will it cost?" I said in a rush so the girls don't ask questions.

"Yes, yeah go Taylor, I'll make sure I see you again before the weekend. Oh and I'll pay, I am the one earning money after all. I'll see you soon."

————————————————-
Monday 23rd May (2016)
Okay so I've spoken to him and he is adamant in paying for the taxi there and back - and everything else including food.

Apart from a few flirty conversations I've not spent a lot of time with him this week, so you've guessed it, I feel like i'm about to be sick from anxiety about meeting him. I've started asking myself stupid questions like, 'what if it's awkward?', 'what if I don't like the food?', 'do I hug him, how do I say hi?'.

Absolutely pathetic. However, here I am, in the taxi, still thinking it.

He said his address was 3 Grant View Drive, and as the taxi turned onto the street I saw the house numbers 27, 25, 23... The taxi started to slow down as we reached his car.

Fuck.

Paralysed with fear, I couldn't move. I mean why the fuck have I even come I should just turn round, I have money at home and this is so wrong on so many levels what am I even d-

"You already paid miss. You can get out the car." The taxi driver brought me out of my thoughts. I looked to the door and back to my comfort blanket of a taxi.

The bell chimed as I heard someone unlocking the door. Clearly my impulsive side had gotten the best of me seeing as i've just rang the bell. My stomach filled with butterflies once again, sweaty palms and a heart rate faster than the time it took for him to open the door.

But as soon as he did, and as soon as I saw his face, the heart rate slowed and I took a sigh of relief. This was definitely the right thing to do. His face softened before he realised we were stood on his doorstep, so he quickly ushered me in and locked the door behind him.

Walking through his hallway, I saw pictures of him and his girlfriend, their son and plenty of flowers - you could tell a woman lived here. A feeling of guilt came over me as I looked at the family photos - the thought of 'what am I doing' shrouded me again. I hated not telling the girls, they were like my confidants.

"Come on, stop feeling bad they're not your problem and they won't even find out. You're not hurting anyone. Come on sit down, I'll make you a brew. Any sugar?" He comforted me and showed me into the front room where I was met with a 3000inch TV on the wall (maybe a slight exaggeration but seriously this thing was massive - not a euphemism).

"No thanks." I sat down and just stared around his living room. I was still processing the fact that I was in his house, a teachers house.

"So how was the journey? Any problems with the payment?" He shouted from the kitchen as I could hear him clanging around.

"No no it was fine, longer than I thought to be honest. I didn't realise how far away you lived. Thankyou for paying aswell, you really didn't have to." I replied with a formal tone.

"Taylor. What is it? I can tell a mile off that somethings wrong... Do you want to do this? Because I completely understand if not, you know, what we're doing isn't exactly favoured." He asked worriedly.

"No no of course I want to do this. I guess i'm just worried and nervous and excited you know? I've got an awful knot in my stomach and I don't know if it's fear, anticipation..." I replied honestly, and more relaxed that before. Clearly opening up had put me at ease.

"I know me too Taylor, but remember why we're here. There's clearly something between us, and I want to give it a chance before it goes. You know, I'm not happy at the minute, and the only person that's changing that is you - but I only see you at school. So to have both of my worlds in one is making me so fucking happy, to the point i'm forgetting about that awful knot in my stomach." He reassured me and passed me the cup of tea, sitting down next to me and placing a hand on my thigh showing support.

"Oh thank god." A sigh of relief, "Okay we're on the same page so I can relax. But Mick, I really want to keep this under raps, meaning only seeing each other like this, we're not exchanging numbers and we can definitely not carry on how we are together in school. There is absolutely no way we're getting found out and I can't have you getting in trouble." I said with a bossy tone, clearly back to the normal Philippa.

"Alright... Bossy..." He burst into a fit of hysterical laughter, seriously, he was wheezing.

——————————-
After we ordered and devoured a Chinese takeaway, we started off in the most wooden position, but slowly by slowly we ended up cuddling and watching some crap show on his massive telly. Laughing at the bad acting and even worse jokes, we just relaxed. There was no more serious chats and we just enjoyed ourselves, to the point where I honestly believed there was nothing wrong with what we were doing, we felt like a normal couple doing normal couple things and it was nice. But then his phone rang.

"Hey Babe, the meeting has just finished I'm on my way to the car now. Do you want anything from Maccy Ds? I'm getting one, it was a hard day today." I heard his girlfriend on the other line, she sounded nice. Too nice to deserve something like this. Another rush of guilt flooded over me.

"No i'm okay thanks babe. I've just put a ready meal in, listen I've gotta go because it's about the go off. I'll see you in half an hour." He gestured for me to ring a taxi just before ending it and I did as I was told.

After I ordered the taxi, I gave him a look. He knew what it meant and he just opened his arm, I fell into his chest and sighed again, hearing his heartbeat told me how much I fancied the pants off him. He kissed the top of my head before lifting my chin up, planting a soft kiss on my lips. I opened my eyes to find him looking straight at me.

"I've loved every second of today, it's been a breath of fresh air, thank you Taylor." He sweetly smiled and whispered softly.

"Oh you soft arse... and i've enjoyed today aswell. Really enjoyed it. We better tidy things up, i'll take the rubbish so she doesn't see anything, I'm just gonna put my shoes on..." I said whilst getting up and heading in the direction of the hallway. But before I could start to walk, I felt a pair of strong hands grip my waist and pull me back down, before slamming his lips onto mine.

My phone rang, breaking the kiss. I swear some kind of bell always ruins it. The taxi was here. I quickly grabbed my shoes as he got the rubbish together in a bag.

Helping me out the door, he passed me my bag and winked at me. "I'll see you at student tuition Miss Taylor, goodbye now." He resumed his normal professional manner.

"Goodbye Mr Carter..." I stuck my tongue out before walking over to the taxi. I greeted the driver and had one last look at him before pulling away. Whatever i'm about to start - I can't fucking wait for it.