Epilogue

After a few months of constant interviews, getting solicitors and trying to make my parents understand that I wanted him just as much as he wanted me, it was the court date.

Tuesday 6th September (2016)
Michaels verdict was finalised. Guilty. Inappropriate relations with a minor and sexual relations whilst being in a position of trust. My heart was shattered.

The drive home was a comfortable silence. Everyone thinking the same thing - nothing.

As soon as I saw my house in sight I slumped out the car into the house and straight up the stairs. I guess wallowing is a good explanation of what i'll be doing for the next eternity - my Michael has been given this punishment and i'm sat in bed with nothing but ben and jerry's, how is this fair. His sentence is 3 years in prison but he could be let out sooner if he shows he's improved in the rehabilitation programme. He looked so defeated in court, like his life's work had just been destroyed - I mean it's not an understatement - his boy Luke and any future job has just gone. Just gone like that.

Friday 3rd May (2019)
It's been a couple of years since I thought about everything. I've been wrapped up in University, my boyfriend Peter and enjoying my life. Billie stayed with me through all of this but Nancy clearly looked at me in a different light after the affair came out, I mean she spoke to me a few times after prom but she clearly wanted to detach herself from me - the slutty schoolgirl shagging Mr Carter.

As a late birthday present, my boyfriend wanted to take me out for a meal and I obviously agreed - who wouldn't?

I got dressed up in my favourite dress and put my signature scent on and off we went. He booked us a taxi as we clearly new some drinks would be involved. It was my 19th birthday and I couldn't wait to see what the restaurant was like.

The taxi pulled up outside the restaurant and we both stepped out, walking towards the entrance hand-in-hand. As we reached the front, a familiar smell came across me as I looked into the corner of the restaurant.

Michael. After three years I see the person who changed my life, my perspective. He sees me and a face of shock comes upon his face, shortly followed by his familiar smile. One I could never forget. He starts to make his way over.

"Miss Taylor, long time no see..." He speaks slowly, making sure I hear every word.

"Michael, hi. Wow it's been a while huh? How have you been?" I reply nervously, still in shock that one of the most important people of my life is stood in front of me after three years.

"Not bad. I got out about 8 months ago now, i'm working as a personal trainer, an old pal helped me get the job. So i'm getting back on my feet, luckily my boy doesn't have a clue what's happened and i'm still allowed visitation so he doesn't hate my guts just yet. How's things with you?" He spoke with a glimmer of hope in his eyes, he seemed genuinely happy with where he is.

"I'm in my second year at uni, doing a psychology degree. My life hasn't really changed an awful lot. You seem to be doing okay though Mick, i'm really happy for you. And you know, I never got to say, i'm so sorry about everything. Really, I am" I whispered towards the end, the feeling of guilt came back as I ran through my thoughts that had been locked away.

"Ain't no thing" He joked with a silly voice. "It's what felt right at the time, we both know how we felt about each other, I guess we just didn't fully think about the consequences. It's not your fault Taylor. It's nobody's fault." He put my thoughts at ease as he rubbed my arm like he used to.

I missed it. So much.

"We certainly did know how we felt, and that is one thing i'll never be more certain of. Anyway, i'll let you get back to your meal. It was really nice to see you Michael. I'm happy you're doing okay." I started to end the conversation.

"Yeah enjoy your night Miss Taylor, I might see you round. Don't be getting into too much trouble. Oh and happy birthday for last week, I could never forget." He eyes glimmered in the last as he winked at me.

"Hopefully, a drink would be nice to catch up properly. And thankyou as always, I see you've carried on the tradition of making my birthday a one to remember."

We hugged and went our separate ways. As he walked away, I felt a piece of me become complete, as though i'd finished a chapter of my life. Mr Carter had been and gone and it was okay, things in life come and go.

I turned round to Peter who was also watching Michael walk away, he asked me who it was.

"Oh just an old friend of mine. It's a very long story..."