Who do you think I am

A tortoise let out a satisfying sigh as it rolled its shell on a warm ivy bed. Another tortoise closed its eyes as it drifted off to sleep on a balcony. Several more tortoises lurked leisurely in the garden, looking for breakfast. 

When Hanky found a swarm of shelled creatures intruding his well-maintained garden again the following day, he has had enough. A big sign hung on the entrance of Chen's mansion where no passing soul can miss-

ALL MAILS TO MASTER EDDY CHEN SHOULD BE REDIRECTED TO HOGWARTS

Yet another tortoise trail began. 

***

Adele was right. 

"The first Triwizard tournament is going to be held at the lake. I heard each school champion should find a mermaid's treasure hidden in the water," an excited chatter echoed in the hallway as the students rushed outdoor to see the tournament.

Eddy looked grimacingly over at the dark green lake surrounding Hogwarts. It was a bit cold for a swim in his opinion, not that all those school faculties seemed to mind. Or Brett.

"Ooh, that's alright. I can swim," Brett has beamed when Eddy explained that the first tournament was probably going to involve water, a few days ago. 

"The Triwizard tournament is no joke, Brett. They would not just expect you to swim. They will probably expect you to breathe underwater. Precisely the reason why I made this," Eddy handed a small blue vial, filled with a murky gray potion. 

"What is this?" Brett asked, wrinkling his nose. 

"It is a potion I specifically brewed so that you can stay underwater for about an hour." 

"It looks disgusting," Brett winced.

"Would you rather be devoured by a Kraken or skewered for dinner by mermaids?" Eddy asked with a stern voice.

"Just kidding. I'm sure it will taste fantastic," Brett hurriedly put the vial into his pocket. 

"This is a minimum resource that I can give you so that you won't die right off the bat. Tell me again, what is our goal again?" 

"Uh...survival." 

"Exactly. Don't attempt to do anything stupid, Brett. Forget about the tournament. Just wade around the lake for a while and come back up to the surface to resign. Nobody expects you to be a champion."

"But you will still be cheering for me?" Brett asked hopefully, turning the vial in his hand. 

"I'm your private tutor, badgerhead. I'm always rooting for you," Eddy smirked when he saw Brett's face lighten up. "I will be at the Slytherin common room to see you underwater. Be safe." 

Eddy pressed his forehead onto the long narrow window of the Slytherin common room, looking out at the translucent emerald water. He has heard the cheering and the firework indicating the start of the tournament a few minutes ago. 

Where was Brett?

 Eddy's eyes scanned through the murky water, following any glimpse of a shadow or swishing bubbles of occasional mercreatures. A minute felt like an hour, waiting for Brett to appear. His mouth felt dry, thinking of all the possibilities something might have gone wrong. The badger should have drunk the potion - maybe he threw up because it was so disgusting? After all, the potion was made by mashed lizard's guts and fish heads...... 

Just as Eddy was about to smash the window and jump into the lake himself, his eyes darted to a small slender figure wading peacefully toward the window. A goofy smile crept onto Brett's face when he spotted Eddy in the common room.