Hans 2

'Will you please come on,' Hans shouted for the third time, 'We are going to be late!'

'Oh for Pete's sake, yes I 'm coming, give me a moment, I just have to finish my hair' Carmen shouted back.

She really didn't get him, Hans had moved in almost four years ago, for the first three years it had almost been like a honeymoon but this last year things had started to go downhill. He seemed to always be short tempered and upset. Everything she did seemed wrong and his temper was getting worse by the day.

'There I'm ready,' she announced coming out of the bedroom room, 

'About time to!' he answered heading for the door without so much as a glance in her direction.  Carmen remembered when he couldn't take is eyes off her, always complimenting her and telling her how beautiful she was. Now he hardly even noticed her.

She walked out the door, locking it behind her.

'Why do you always take so long to get ready' he moaned at her in the lift, 'You know we're going to be late!'

.'We are not going to be late, well maybe five minutes, but that hardly matters!' she replied, 'Why are you so upset anyway?' she asked

'Because, as I said, I am fed up with you always making us late!' He had started the sentence speaking very slowly and deliberately with his voice rising with each word and by the last word he had shouted so loudly, just as the lift doors opened, that Bob from the 5th floor, standing by the lift to enter, looked at him rather startled, then across at Carmen, 'Everything ok?' he asked Carmen as Hans stormed out of the lift,

'Yes fine,' Carmen smiled rather embarrassed, we're just a little late for dinner with friends.' she replied hurrying after Hans.

'Ok, enough!' she shouted at Hans as they entered the car,' I don't know what has gotten into you but enough is enough, I will not put up with anyone treating me in this way. If you have a problem with me then tell me, but let's sort this out now!'

And that had been the beginning of the end. Or that was what it should have been. They had gone for dinner but the evening was strained and when they returned home they decided to split up. 

They came to the conclusion that they had just simply grown apart. Hans had  a few things to sort out, he had rented out his apartment and he would have to cancel the tenants contract, pack up and move back. They decided that he should arrange everything first and then move out at the end of the month.