The Misadventures Of Shyla And Davie [10]

Davie's POV::

I had fallen asleep for around an hour, and when I awoke, Shyla was sucking on a BlowPop. A green one. I looked at her strangely. She coughed. I coughed. She purred. I purred. She hummed, I hummed. She smiled, I smiled. She glared, I glared. But I dominated at mimicking her. (: Fortunately enough for me.

"And you don't have to go. We've got out plans but we keep our voices low. And, baby, thats the way that these things go." Shyla sang under her  breath.

"Very... mellow." I told her, closing my eyes.

"Mellow?" She questioned.

"Mellow." I stated.

"This is all an illusion! What'd you take me for? It makes no difference what I do for you!  I would give up my life for you, but it just won't ever be enough! I hurt someone that loved you, and said that I felt nothing. That would be something, would it be enough?! I had everything you wanted, and chose to give you nothing. That would be something, this is all too much!" She sang a little louder.

"Less mellow." I told her.

"How would you describe it?" She questioned me.

 I smiled.

"Slightly twisted. That it doesn't matter what you do, it'll never be good enough for someone. That you've given up being good enough, and chose to treat them like they treated you. Like shit." I stated before leaning back.

"I seee..." She said.

The conversation ended and silence took its place.

 I was about to drift back to sleep when the damn pilot announced we were descending. I had an urge to punch him. Hard. Sighing, I straightened up. She smirked slightly before holding out her sucker.

"Wanna lick?" She asked, in the most adorable little kid voice. I gripped her wrist, so she couldn't jerk the sucker away, and licked it. She tugged it lightly and I let go. She put it back into her mouth before plastering herself to the window.

"We saw the stars come out that evening. Dancing across the sky on kite strings. We talked about the future." she murmured.

I leaned over and stared at the black/blue sky, full of twinkling stars.

"They're so pretty..." she said softly.

"You are too." I told her, not thinking.

She looked at me, her features clouded with astonishment. Had I said it in a hinting tone? One that was dripping with the feelings of love? No! I didn't love her! Right? Right... Wrong. Did I? If I dissected it, pulled it apart into a million little pieces, I did. But at first glance, no. It didn't appear I did. But of course, it was possible I did. If given the shot, I'm sure anyone would love her. But maybe I was looking at it wrong. Maybe, if I twisted, stood on my head, closed an eye, squinted another, held my hands in a prayer like formation, and touched my toes to the wall, it would appear that I did. But no matter to that! I told myself. I mentally staked a sign saying, 'No Shyla realted thoughts past here.' I felt a teeny bit better, but I knew it wouldn't work that easily. The plane landed with a bone-crunching shake. We left the plane, retrieved our suitcases, and went to another hotel.

Two beds were in this room, and Shyla's face fell. Had she wanted an excuse to sleep near me? I didn't know. Only time would tell. But sure enough, when 11PM rolled around, and both of us were still tired. I got into one bed and Shyla stood between the two for about 4 seconds. She crawled onto the one where I was situated. I let her get comfortable. She always wound up against me, somehow. Maybe its because I felt safe. I hoped I made her feel safe. I wanted to ask her something. I wanted to tell her something. I wanted to stay shut the fuck up. I found some courage.

"Shy...?"

She turned back and looked at me sleepily.

"Yess?" she said.

"I... I... For some time now.. I've been.. Interested.. In you.."

I said, a stutter slipping into my voice. She didn't say a word, I went on.

" I've never before had the courage to tell you. But I think I.. I think I love you. And I want to spend my life with you."

Her eyes were wide.

"Every realtionship I've ever had has fallen apart..." she whispered.

--10! Merr.(: