Chapter 1 Part 1

Lauren's POV

We were sitting in the room that we had designated as the meeting room discussing what to do about the new problem we faced. A mutant who could raise the dead. Specifically the people that we had killed. Needless to say we were all concerned about that prospect. We had no idea how this kid's power worked or even who they were or where they were for that matter. We had just heard enough reports to determine that whatever this kid was doing was real and it was dangerous. There had been just too many reports from Sentinel Services or random people talking about how people that they were sure that they killed had come back to life and were working with the group behind the mutant uprising and were now trying to kill them. This was really problematic especially considering the fact that we had all killed people and not many of these people were people that we would want to come back.

I was sitting next to Andy on the couch in the back of the room. Lorna, Marcos, Mom, Esme, and John were all standing around the room discussing the mutant.

"We need to figure out who this kid is and exactly what he can do and exactly why he's working with the Inner Circle," said Lorna.

Marcos nodded, "We've all killed people and if they can bring them back..."

"We're screwed," Lorna finished for him.

"So what do we do?" Esme said looking between Lorna and Marcos.

"We figure out where they are going to attack next then we stop them." John said looking up with a determined expression on his face. He's been like that for a while now. Determined. Ever since Clarice died he's been trying to fix it somehow. Maybe just to at least make her death worth it.

Mom looked at John "But how do we do that?"

"There's actually been a pretty clear pattern of where they attack '' said Esme, getting everyone's attention, "They have attacked places within a 50 mile radius around Philadelphia where there were old underground stations. There are only about 3 left that they haven't attacked." She said, pulling out a map and showing us the locations.

"Which one do you think they will attack next?" I said looking at the map then at Esme. She was a little surprised I was talking to her. Andy and I had been avoiding her for a while now. After what happened we just couldn't bring ourselves to talk to her and luckily, she respected that.

She pulled out a marker and explained to us that it was most likely that they would attack an abandoned warehouse just outside of the city that had been a waysation before the underground collapsed.

"They have been attacking places like it, abandoned for much longer, and the other two that they haven't attacked have been active until about two weeks before the underground collapsed. This one is more similar to the ones that they have been attacking because the underground left it around two years before the collapse.

"We can send a team out to watch it." John suggested.

"Lauren and I could go." said Andy, speaking for the first time. I looked at him and nodded in agreement. No one had been letting us do much for fear of Sentinel Services figuring out where we were.

Lorna looked at us and nodded saying, "I'll go too."

"Same" said Marocs.

Mom looked like she wanted to protest "but.."

"They will be fine Caitlin," John said.

"But someone could see them and report them and then Sentinel Services would know that we're in the area and search everywhere and close the roads. We would be trapped. Don't even get me started about the other mutants in the area." Mom said looking between us with a worried expression.