55. FACE-OFF

Renesmee

"Are you alright, baby?"

Heaven. Was I there? I felt the soft touch caresses my face, tucking a strand of hair behind my ears, and the soft words seemed to have shake the land of the heaven I was standing, realigning the universe.

He was mine.

His touch was magical at my face. His hand stroked my cheeks. It comforts. His thumb moved along my jaw. It entices. The hands slip down my neck, making me shiver with delight and pleasure and then pulls away.

Hallucinating or dreaming - I didn't wanted to open my eyes? What if it'd go away? No. I don't want to go back to the hell. It hurts being there.

"Stay! Dont leave-" I say - or atleast I wanted to - but nothing came out my mouth, rather than the loud roar lept my throat.

My hands tuck at his shirt, crumpling it down to not let go off the heaven I was in.

"Shh, you're okay. You're safe."He stroked my hair, soothing & calming. The longing I had for Lord knows how long- fills in. His soft sweet breathes brush my face.

"Chris-" And then again, nothing came out my throat but the loud roar. The nausea swirled unrestrained in my fully filled stomach.

My head swam with half-formed regrets, of giving up my life. But one thing my head was evident of, was he was here. In the slack between the hell; there was the heaven!

It's an awesome face, a perfect face, an ethereal face. The kind people write songs and poems about. It's that exotic kind of beauty that women in romance novels obsess over, because every women want to possess him. That kind of beauty!

"Let's go-" He says softly.

I un-heartedly tore my eyes off him, still scared off what if he go away again? No. I can't live with that now. Not even a bit of second, I can withstand breathing without him.

The air I breathed in felt familiar to me like I was home; back to Forks.

I clung to him weakly 😩, the pain at each if my joints tore it's way to my trembling heart.

Everything ached within me, I clung to his arms standing at my shaking feet, doubting it if it could take my weight on it - that felt double the weight I was really of.

His arms caught me up strongly.

The wounds were bandaged up, still every step feels like a nail bomb exploding in my innards. If it wasn't him, by my side I'd curl right up here in the ground and let my soul take itself away to the next life.

But the princess was awoken by the sleep, and she'd promise to go home with the prince. Then I must.

The moment we stepped down the plane, the cold winds hurt my face dry skin. I snuggled my head against his chest, I could feel his racing heart. His hands we're on my waist holding me straight.

I placed my hand against his chest-

No symphony as sweet.
The tenderest beat.
The perfect melody, cursing forever through my memory.

I take a brief look at Jacob walking dragging his boots loudly, something he always do when he's nervous. He breathed with anxiety with his hands kept clenching and un-clenching. . . shaking.

Huh. I breathed slowly taking care I don't damage any bone and muscle in me now.
The pain throbbed in my guts severely, making me hold my breathe still, and then gradually to breathe slow and deep until it has passed.