Chapter 23

Lisa's PoV

"Lisa!"Jennie's mother greeted me when I entered the house. I bowed and gave her a smile but she scolded me for doing that and ask me to give her a hug.

My heart softened. This family is really one of a kind. I'm not even blood related to them and yet they are like this to me.

"Why were you not home last night? I was expecting to have a drink with you!"Mr.Kim said and acted like he's really disappointed.

I bowed and chuckled.

"I was with my bestfriend yesterday we were studying and did some final touches to our new created dish."I explained and he laughed.

"I totally understand that. Did you get some sleep? If not go to your room and have some rest!"He playfully scolded me and I just nod and was about to excuse myself but he stopped me once again and whispered something in my ear.

"My daughter was really mad yesterday after she received your text that you're not going to sleep here last night. How did I know? She received the text in front of me while we're talking about you dating each other."Mr.Kim said that made me froze and look at him shocked.

They already know that I am dating their daughter! I was about to explain everything because they might misunderstand me but they just chuckled at my reaction like it's nothing.

"I am so glad that Jennie's finally dating again after many years. Thank you,Lisa."Jennie's mom said and went to give me a hug again.

My whole body became energetic again like I slept for eight or nine hours even though I just slept for a bout one to two hours last night. We were so busy. Mark,Yugyeom and Seulgi was cursing a lot yesterday.

I bowed again much lower now and thanked them for being so open. They told me that they are so grateful too and then they left because they need still need to attend some business meetings.

I took a shower and wear my pjs and with my black hoodie. I wonder where Jennie is? Is she still asleep or she's out with Jisoo and Irene? Should I text her? It's weekend today so she's probably out with her friends or she's in her room right now ,still sleeping.

I feel thirsty so I went out from my room and go to the kitchen only to see Jennie drinking a water.

I smiled when she noticed me but she's giving me a blank expression so I had to playfully raise my brow and gave her a quick hug.

She's all dressed up now so she's probably going to hangout with her friends.

"Go back early,okay? Let's eat dinner together tonight."I said and she raised a brow at me.

"What if I won't?"She asked

"Why won't you?"I asked her back that made her roll her eyes at me.

She's so grumpy today.

"Are you upset that I spend the night at Mark's again? I'm sorry I had to be there because we all need each other's advices with the new dish that we made individually."I explained and she nodded ,defeated.

"I'm going out with Irene today. She and Seulgi got into a fight."She said and I nodded understanding the situation.

They are fighting again? What is it this time? Seulgi didn't mention it last night. I guess it's because we are all too busy and preoccupied with all the works yesterday. Especially Yugyeom,he was absent for three days so he have to catch up.

"Is it that bad?"I asked and she shook her head sideways.

"Get some sleep you look so tired."She commanded and I nodded drinking the water that she gave to me.