TWENTY TWO

"You must find out when they plan on attacking." I listened closely as Beta X prepped me with the task at hand for the 10th time.

"I said I understand already, I can do it." I assured him as I wiped my palms on my jeans. Xeon's eyes darted to Alpha who was sitting in his office chair glaring at us both menacingly.

"I think we should wire her." Xeon grumbled.

"I said I can do it!" I hissed out before turning towards the Alpha.

"The decisions yours." Xeon motioned towards the Alpha who seemed quite annoyed with us both. Valnush wasn't here to keep us from butting heads, Xeon said she was sick. I needed to find time to visit her, maybe i could could cook something for her and drop it off.

"Nalu can do it." A part of me was relieved he trusted me enough not wire me, because then my plan would fail. I wasn't going to tell him shit, I had a lot of time to think last night after dinner. I couldn't sleep at all due to guilt eating up at me. Whatever my brother was apart of was for the better, I would stand on the side with the good not the evil.

"Go now, you have two hours." I nodded in response before leaving the office. I knew my decisions from here on would come back to bite me in the ass. Without another word I left the Alpha's office before leaving to go meet Sam. I had told him earlier to meet at the cabin for lunch today.

As I walked through the pack house some pack members greeted me while others ignored me completely. It was apparent to most people I was approaching my heat soon, hypothetically speaking most of them seen the male mark me, I could also feel the changes within me.

I hate to admit it but the idea of mating with male didn't sound so bad to my 'mate obsessed' brain. The bond I feel for him only continues to grow as each day goes on, I fear that my love for him will affect my morals. I will always fight the bond when it comes to that aspect, I wasn't a bad person. I wasn't like my mate. I will never approve of his tyranny nor agree with trauma he puts the people of Osnia through.

Before I knew it, I had walked down the trail leading to the cabin before spotting Avery sitting on the porch. What I didn't expect to see was Ezekiel sitting next to him. For once Avery didn't look so hostile in his presence. I didn't want to intrude on there moment but also didn't want to spy on them. Ezekiel was a quite bigger than Avery when it came to muscle and height, even though Avery was a few years Ezekiel's senior.

As I looked closer I could see water blurring Avery's blue eyes. Ezekiel seemed worried and triggered by the sight of Avery's tears. In one quick motion Avery grabbed Ezekiel's jaw turning his head until they were facing each other.

"I don't know if I can Ezekiel." Avery whispered as he lowered his eyes. Ezekiel brushed Avery's shaggy dirty blonde hair behind his ear.

"If you give me a chance I promise, you won't regret it." Ezekiel's hand trailed behind Avery's neck before he grabbed onto his hair pulling until Avery's neck was exposed. Ezekiel ran has nose against Avery's neck as he pulled him closer. "Everything will work out, just let me handle it."

Avery whispered something that I couldn't interpret causing Ezekiel let go of him abruptly before turning around and making eye contact with me. "Luna, I uh." Ezekiel seemed a bit flustered with my presence considering I seen him all over my brother.

I stood there too long wit my mouth gaping open like a dumbass "No, don't worry. I didn't see that, I mean, I didn't see anything." I rushed out quickly as I approached the steps of the cabin.

"Avery told me he was meeting you, so I ended up walking with him here. I'll be going now." Ezekiel responded before sending Avery another glance filled with determination. Avery stared back with an unreadable expression. Whatever was going on between them was obviously causing whatever relationship they shared to be rocky.