47 Master and Servant

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and examined myself. The suit I was wearing was a light grey colour, and even though it was tight on me, it had a comfortable cut. I didn't feel constricted through the chest.

Maybe it was never the suits that made me feel that way though. Perhaps it had always been the reason for wearing them that made me feel suffocated. Or it could have been the way the beautifying team would push and pull me into some hoity-toity semblance of myself.

This time I brushed my own hair, I wore no make up, and I felt... rather good. I looked good like this. Natural and yet pretty damn sexy if I do say so. I gave myself finger guns with a grin, then rolled my eyes at myself.

"Lukas? Are you ready?" I heard the deep voice ask on the other side of the door. My eyes lit up and I sauntered over to it. I cracked it open and licked my lips at the delicious man on the other side.

"Yes Sir, am I ever." I teased him. He rolled his eyes at me as he adjusted his cuff.

"Come on, or we'll be late for our reservation." He murmured before leaving the room. I wordlessly followed him downstairs and he helped me into my coat after I assisted him with his own.

We took my car, and the valet gave Sasha a nervous look when he handed over the key. I still found it amusing to see other peoples' reactions to the stupid thing. I think I'll keep it around to torture Sasha a little.

"What are you grinning at?" He challenged me as he pulled my waist forward towards the door. I shrugged and glanced at him.

"You Sir. Don't mind me." I played it off. He gave me a warning look and I lapsed into silence as we were brought to our table. He pulled my chair out for me, and I sat down. Then he sat across from me and our eyes met briefly.

"Good evening, my name is Anna, and I will be your server tonight. May I get you something to drink to start?" An eager woman stood next to our table. She passed us both menus, lingering for a second on Sasha with a gulp. I smiled wryly to myself.

"Waters for both of us, a bottle of the Canadian Riesling, and two glasses." He told her without a glance in her direction. She nodded enthusiastically and rushed off to get his order in.

"She was trying to flirt with you, you know." I teased him with a raised brow. He huffed.

"She should try to do her job instead." He answered me shortly, which made me laugh softly. He looked up then with a questioning look.

"You are positively brutal when you aren't interested, Sasha Sir." I smiled at him. He scoffed at me and leaned forward a little.

"And what am I when I am interested?" He teased me back. I sighed at even the thought as memories made my breathing stutter.

"Irresistible Sir." My breathless tone gave me away, and his rumbling laugh garnered the attention of a few table. He was so handsome when he laughed. It made me dizzy just thinking that this man really was mine.

I had to savour every minute with him. Each time he teased me, laughed or took me out to dinner. Every scolding word as I put my elbows on the table, or when his eyes would twinkle as he put a slow bite of food into his mouth.

He was mine as much as I was his. He kept his promises. He showed me every day in little ways just how much he cared about me. We could live normal lives together, or we could be something more. Something exciting.

"What are you thinking about, Lukas?" His voice stirred me from my thoughts. I gulped and looked around to make sure the server wasn't nearby.

"I was thinking, as nice as this is, I think I much prefer to eat at home, Sir." I told him in a low voice. He grinned and gestured.