💼16💼

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

❥Flashback❥

The sky was overcast with clouds. The scent of rain was dark and heady. Torrents of rain poured accompanied with lightnings which illuminate the dark clouds.

Hugging her wailing son tight to her chest, Julia silently teared up as she comforted the boy under a shelter.

It was midnight and they were caught under bad weather that was uncalled for.

After knowing her condition was getting worse, Julia had been looking for adoptions the entire day yet she could not find any.

"I'm sorry..." She apologized as she gently stroked Jayden's head.

As it was pretty late, there were barely any vehicles on the road. Just someone, please... As if one could hear Julia's prays, a shining black car came to a stop right in front of them.

Jacob came out of the car with an umbrella and approached them. "Let's go in." He carried the bag on the floor and held out his free arm directing to the building behind them which was his own family's company.

Julia followed without much thinking and Jacob led to the side entrance where only staffs had access since the main entrance was locked. Jacob then brought them to the lobby waiting area where they could sit.

He placed the bag near Julia then proceeded to sit opposite. "It's late, where are you heading to?" He carefully asked, wary of the situation.

Julia sniffed as she looked down at her son who had finally calmed down. "I-I don't have much time left... I'm looking for people to adopt my son... But..." She ended her sentence by shaking her head.

Jacob bit his lower lips as he pondered. "What if...I bring him into my family?" He offered. "I'm the vice chairman of this company so you don't have to worry about money issues."

Julia's mouth agape and bowed her head in respecting Jacob's position. "Do you not have to check with your wife first?"

"I'm not married and my mom recently stepped down so she has been lonely at home. I'm sure she would love to play with your son." Jacob reassured with a small smile.

Julia smiled in relief. "Thank you." She softly muttered with a slight head bow.

Jacob opened his mouth then closed back as he felt hesitant in asking a question which he eventually did after a moment of silence. "I hope you don't mind me asking this but are you his only family member?"

Julia nodded with a sad smile. "I'm an orphan and his supposedly dad refused to take the responsibility."

Jacob felt heartache upon hearing Julia's story. "I'll surely shower him with lots of love."

"Thank you. Ah, would it be okay if I spend one last day with him? Today's his birthday." Julia requested.

"Sure, just let me know whenever you're ready." Jacob smiled.

❥❥

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

With her blank face, Naeun dragged her feet home. After learning Jayden's story, she could barely focus working. Luckily there were not any important meetings on that day or she could have died.

Such coincidence, she bumped into Sunwoo who had just returned back from his campus.

"Noon-"

"Yah." Naeun met her cousin's quivering eyes. "I'm not a bitch for stealing someone's husband."